Chapter 42

MIDORIYA'S POV:

I watched the huge screen in front of me as Yaoyorozu's and Todoroki's exam started, for now they had simply started moving.

As they were running through allies of the city like battlefeild, they started using their quirks in small amounts, which was a pretty good idea because it could show them when Aizawa-sensei is using his quirk.

As they kept moving, I looked over at (L/n)-chan. She was staring intently at the screen. This entire time she's barely said anything. I blushed slightly at the intrigued look she had.

After the first day of exams I have been thinking a lot about her, specifically what she means to me. Uraraka confronted me about having a crush on her and I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

I was very confused at first since I'm not very familiar with that type of thing, but when I came to think about it and notice how I feel and act around her, it makes sense.

I really didn't want to think that way, I mean I've always considered (L/n)-chan a good friend and nothing more, but the more my head wraps around it, the harder it is to deny.

The real question at hand is, if I do have a crush on her, what do I do about it?

(L/n)-chan doesn't seem like the type to have romantic interests. Even if she did, she would probably want someone as strong and independent as she is, not someone like me. I'm pretty positive that she wouldn't ever like me.

I sighed, looking away from the girl. This was something I shouldn't be thinking right now. After all, my battle will be soon and I should observe the other exams.

As I looked back at the screen, I could see that I missed quite a bit. From what I can see, Todoroki was tied up over some spikes so he couldn't get down while Yaoyorozu was running towards him.

They started talking as Aizawa-sensei approached. All of a sudden, Yaoyorozu threw up small items that exploded in a large light and let Todoroki down.

Sensei started attacking again and both students ran away to hide and from what I could guess, form a plan, though Sensei was following right behind them.

Todoroki made a huge wall of ice like at the sports festival and blocked Aizawa-sensei while Yaoyorozu started to make a scarf and a catapult to put the scarf in.

She lastly made to sheets and put them over her, Todoroki, and the catapult before running away into Sensei's sight.

When he started to attack them again, Yaoyarozu took off her sheet and launched the scarf and Todoroki fired his flames at Aizawa-sensei.

Suddenly, the scarf closed around Sensei, making him completely immobile and the two were able to cuff him, earning a victory.

It was super impressive, I kept in mind to write that down when I had the chance.

I looked at (L/n)-chan again and she was smiling wide.

"Well, It's time for my exam. Wish me luck." Uraraka said beside me.

"Good luck!" I said.

"You'll do great Ochako! Go get your pass girl." (L/n)-chan added in.

She smiled before making her way out the room.

(TIME SKIP)

It was in the final phases of Aoyama's and Ochako's exam, currently they were holding onto a bar for dear life as Thirteen was about to suck them in their blackhole.

The two students were talking to each other and before long, Uraraka let go of the bar heading straight towards Thirteen.

As soon as the teacher realized this, they immediately shut off their quirk. This gave Uraraka a Chance to knock down Thirteen and handcuff them, making her pass.

I don't know how she thought about that, but it was an amazing strategy that brought out the weakness of Thirteen.

After having a conversation with Iida, Yaoyarozu, and Asui, the sixth match began with Ashido and Kaminari fighting Nezu.

I was honestly curious about how our principal would fight since I've never seen him do so, so I paid close attention to the screen.

Let's just say, it didn't end well for those two. Nezu blocked any exits that they could get to and ended up running out of time before they could get out. They were the second pair to fail, which is quite upsetting.

"Damn. Well it wasn't like they had much of a choice. It was a hard opponent." (L/n)-chan stated next to me.

"I agree, they tried their best." I said back.

Just then Uraraka came back into the room. (L/n)-chan immediately spoke up.

"Good job! I knew you would kill it." She told the brunette.

"Thank you (Y/n)!"

Just as she said that, the next exam started with Koda and Jirou. I faced the screen once again to pay attention.

As soon as the round started, Present Mic started shouting, causing massive sound waves. Jirou tried to use her quirk to repel them, but that didn't work.

After a little while of war damaging screams, Jirou started to notice that bugs weren't affected by his sound.

She pressured Koda to use his quirk to attack Present Mic with the bugs. It was not a pretty fight and I can see how even a pro would be disturbed by that. This was able to make them pass.

Next up was Hakegure and Shoji against snipe. It wasn't easy, since snipe was shooting at them from all directions as they were trying to get out, but Hakegure was able to go completely invisible and handcuff Snipe while Shoji made a distraction.

Then the final round before mine came up, Mineta and Sero vs. Midnight

. I didn't want to go the arena just yet since I'd rather watch everyone else's fights. It really is powerful to see amazing UA students who never give up.

Scratch that... as soon as the battle started, Mineta started running around crying and complaining of the exams. I guess one student gave up.

On the other hand Sero was already passed out on Midnights lap, I guess Mineta was jealous of that. Midnight was able to catch up with him.

He tried to run away without breathing, but it would be hard to hold your breath for such a long. Though he was able to hide behind a rock.

When he came out, he was wearing something mask like on his face, it seemed to be Sero's tape. He charged towards her, using his balls (I-) to trap her so he could rush out the exit. It was honestly surprising that he was able to pass, but he did well nonetheless.

I had to hurry to my battle if I want to make it on time, so without really notifying anybody I turned around to exit the room.

"Hey! Midoriya." I looked back to see (L/n)-chan.

She held out a closed fist and and brought it up to me. "Do your best!" Was all she said.

I blushed lightly and smiled, raising my own closed fist and bumping it against hers. I nodded before rushing out the door.

I guess it's time to get serious.

(A/n): When the chapters late and it's lowkey shit. Well I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway lol. Anyway, thanks for reading!