Chapter 18

(Y/N)'S POV:

After we finished the Cavalry Battle, it was now time for a break. We could eat, rest, or participate in the other events around the school. They put up the drawings for the one on one battle matches and you went to go see who you would be going against.

You saw that you were up against Aoyama in the fourth fight. You weren't really sure how you were going to beat him, but you didn't really care at that point. You would worry about it later. For now, you decided to enjoy your break.

You personally weren't hungry, so you just decided to rest in the break rooms.

You sat in one of the chairs, noticing that you were the only there. You closed your eyes for a few moments, a little tired. Though those moments were soon interrupted by the opening of the door. You looked up to see Ochako.

"Oh, hey Ochako. You came here to rest?" You asked her.

"Actually I came here to look for you and Deku-kun. Me and Iida-kun were just eating and we were wondering where you guys were." She replied, smiling as always.

"Thanks, I was just resting, but I guess I should eat something so I can keep my stamina up for the battles."

"Cool. Have you seen Deku-kun, by the way?" She asked.

"No. I'm afraid I haven't."

"Dang! I thought he would be with you. Since you guys are so close and stuff." She replied enthusiastically despite her words.

"We're not that close. Sure we're friends, but we're not always with each other." I laughed a little.

"Sure you are! You guys are always having long conversations when you're with me and Iida-kun. Plus, haven't you guys hanged out on the weekend?" She insisted.

"The hangout was just training for the sports festival, but I guess we are pretty close friends." You replied.

"Yeah! Anyway, let's go eat! I'm sure we will find Deku-kun later." She grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of the chair.

"O-okay." You said as she pulled you along.

You couldn't help thinking about her words. You and Midoriya did often have longer conversations. When he's not so nervous, Midoriya could go on for hours about heroes and quirks. You listened of course, he knew so much and it was really interesting, but you didn't think that you and Midoriya were very "close".

You wouldn't mind it though. Midoriya was an amazing friend. Not only that, but he was smart and practical too. You thought he was incredible, so of course you would want to be close friends with him. You just didn't see how people thought you guys were close.

You shook your head. You were thinking way to much about this. You always did that when it came to Midoriya. You weren't sure why.

People always called you a laid back person and you agreed. You never gave too much thought into anything. A lot of things just aren't worth the stress. So, naturally, you just said what you were feeling and brushed off anything that could caused stress. You knew that most people in today's day and age weren't happy with their life because they are always worrying. You didn't want to be like that. You wanted to be a calming presence.

So you were utterly confused about why you always overthink when it's related to Midoriya.

You and Ochako made it to the table with Iida and Tsu.

"Hey guys." You smiled.

"Hey (L/n)." Iida replied. You got your food and sat down and talked to your friends for a bit.

A few minutes later, Midoriya walked over to the table and sat down next to you.

"Hey Midoriya! Where were you? Ochako was looking around for you." You asked him.

"Oh. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to trouble you guys. I was just.... talking to someone." He said, pretty suspiciously.

"Hmmmm...... that was very discreet Midoriya. What are you hiding from us? Huh?" You got all up in his face like a weirdo.

His face turned red. "U-uh. It wasn't anything to be suspicious about (L/n)-chan. I was just having a c-conversation with someone." he stuttered out.

You giggled. "I was just joking Midoriya. It's funny to see you reactions, though." You backed up.

"O-oh." He seemed to calm down.

You guys continued to eat and talk with each other for a long while.

"Hey Ochako. Aren't you going to go against Bakugou in the first round?" You changed the topic.

"Yeah.... I'm so nervous. Bakugou is so scary." She shivered.

You put a hand on her shoulder. "If you worry over it, you'll only end up losing. Bakugou may be strong, but you are too. You need have a little more confidence in your abilities. I'm sure you'll put up a great fight against him."

You meant every word. Ochako had an amazing quirk and she makes good use of it. You weren't sure if she is going to win, but you know she will give Bakugou a hard time and if she does make victory, you'll make sure to give her a big-ass hug.

She smiled, but you could tell it was kinda forced "Thanks (Y/n)-chan. You always know what to say."

"Don't let your nerves get ahead of you girl. Anyway, finish up eating so we could go get a good spot to watch the fights." You smiled at your friends, you were so thankful that you met them.

(A/N): Ugh. My laptop won't let me change my Hulu payment method, so I'm stuck with no reference and only my shitty memory. Sorry if it's not crazy accurate. Anyway, thanks for reading!