Chapter 36

(Y/N)'S POV:

The rest of the week flew by with endless reviews, studying, and homework. Though it was all finished and you were now home and ready for a weekend of even more studying.

Luckily, you and Midoriya were able to work out the finishing details on your study plans and decided that you would meet him at his house at twelve on Saturday and would stay for dinner and then head back home.

Honestly, you were so grateful that Midoriya offered his help to you. The feeling of anxiety and nervousness you get during tests was indescribable, so when you heard of the written exams, you were certain that you would fail like your other tests and not be able to go the training camp.

But then your guardian angel flew in, in the shape of a broccoli nevertheless, and proposed to save your ass.

Thinking about the meeting tomorrow was making it hard to sleep though. It was already 3 AM and you're not even tired.

For some reasons you couldn't help but feel a little anxious at the thought of studying with Midoriya.

'What if he thinks I'm stupid?' You let the notion pass through your brain.

You weren't an idiot, but that didn't make you smart either. Throughout your childhood, your grades have been average as average could get. The only subject you excelled at was anything to do with the body since you have studied it for as long as you remember to benefit your quirk.

Though that's not what worried you. It's just that Midoriya was so smart in your eyes. Whenever you look his way in class he would always seem so focused and was pretty much at the top of you class besides Momo. You knew that you could never match up to his intelligence.

You knew Midoriya wasn't the type to look down on someone, especially his friends, but the insecurities still haunted your brain.

You decided to just try and sleep it off. Nothing was going to come from staying up all night.

You laid your head on your pillow and closed your eyes tightly. You kept tossing and turning for awhile, but eventually you lulled yourself to a restless slumber.

(TIME SKIP)

You woke up to light from your window shining in your eyes. Still in a daze from sleep, you sat up and rubbed your tired eyes.

It wasn't long before you started to gain consciousness of what you were doing and remembered that you were supposed to meet Midoriya today.

You eyes met the clock at the side of your bed. You looked at the time and your eyes widened.

'11:28' It read.

Oh god. You were supposed to be out of the house in two minutes to get there on time. How could you let yourself oversleep? Why didn't you set an alarm?

Before you could comprehend the answers to those questions, you dashed out of your bed and scurried as fast as you can to your dresser, rummaging through your cloths like a madman.

You had to settle on the first things that would look remotely put together. You took some black leggings and a (f/c) t-shirt.

As quickly as you could, you took off your pjs and threw on your simple outfit.

You then rushed to the bathroom brushing your teeth and fixing your hair. You completed other basic hygiene stuff, before you looked in the mirror.

You could look better, but it would do for a casual study session.

You looked at the time. '11:36'

Okay, so if you run, you might still be able to make it to your train. You proceeded to grab your school bag, wallet, and keys before running out the door.