A Touch Like Fire

He walked nervously up to the counter still battling himself internally.

"Can I help you young man? Asked the middle aged lady with spectacles behind it.

Yoongi just stared for second. Then stammered. "Y/N"

"Last name dear." She asked sweetly.

He didnt know it. He didnt know much about her. All he knew was he wanted to see her.

"Ah...well without a last name I cant help you sweetheart."

He nodded.

"Hey! YOONGI!" Called a familiar voice. It was Namjoon.

"What are you doing here?" He asked pulling him into a side hug.

"Is Y/N okay?"

Namjoon looked confused for a moment but quickly recovered. "Yea man. Come on I'll show you. She is just resting. Do you know her?" He glanced down at him.

"No...."

Namjoon eyed him curiously. But, kept leading the way as always.

Walking into the room all he could see was all the wires and tubes coming from her. His heart ached so bad. He couldn't tell if it was because he wanted to take her pain away or if it was from fear. He gripped his hands at his waist.

Come on Yoongi pull it together!

He thought as he drew closer to Y/N bed side. Reaching for her hand, he pulled his back. Took a deep breath then tried again.

The fire that shot up his fingertips was like no other. His eyes widened and he just stared.

"Y/N please get well. I must know you."

Yoongi squeezed her hand and then he ran from the room.

-//-

The lady behind the counter yelled at Yoongi as he raced past her. "YOUNG MAN SLOW DOWN!!!"

He ignored her as he ran like his life depended on it. Once he hit the pavement and the cold air hit his lungs, he slowed to a jog but continued on. He wanted to get far away.

What was that??!!

Never had he felt anything that would cause his heart to skip a beat and then race at the same time.

He came to a stop in front of the apartment he shared with Hobi. The light was on, and he could hear his joyful friend from outside. He was singing along to some karaoke.

Yoongi smiled as he opened the door and then slumped over on the couch soon after he entered the room, the sweat beading up on his forehead, his pale cheeks a raging cherry color.

Hobi turned up his nose. "Hey man... what's with the look?" He grabs a febreze bottle and starts spraying around Yoongi's head making a shhhhh noise as he did it. Clearly indicating that Yoongi stunk.

"Fuck you Hoseok..."  Yoongi glared at him whilst folding his arms and collapsing back into the worn couch cushion. Hobi throws up his hands as if to block the harsh words and pouts.

"Y/N is going to be fine dude. No need for the ice box." 

Yoongi just stared up at the fan ignoring the comment. He knew she was fine. He saw that. The steady rise and fall of her chest under the hospital sheet and the pink in her cheeks. He could see that. But, it was the feeling. He could still feel it, or at least the memory of it. It scared him and intrigued him all at the same time.

He sighed heavily running his hands through his hair while Hobi scrunched his face and stared at him.
"Go spread sunshine somewhere else right now Hobi!" He mumbled cruelly.

He didn't mean it but he wanted to be alone and there only being one room and his bed was the couch it kinda made sense. He'd apologize later.

I'm sorry Hobi...

Yoongi thought as he watched the ceiling fan rotate until he drifted off to sleep.

The light crept through the blinds in the only window the apartment had. Gently waking him to face a new day.

Looking around you wouldn't know two people could fit in such a small space. But, they made it work. The kitchen was near the window leading to the tiny dining place with a little table and two chairs, one was piled high with records the other tidy and clean with a place setting.

Hoseok was such a good friend. However, he was messy.

Stretching and yawning wide. Yoongi made his way to the coffee pot, pressing the start button then peeking in the room where Hobi slept.

Clothes cluttered the floor along with a bunch tiny bags, and shoes. Yoongi shook his head.

How could he be so messy?

He thought as he looked toward the twin size bed in the far corner. The bed was made. Which was odd considering he never made his bed, and it didn't sit well..... Yoongi should have apologized the second he said it. Instead of falling asleep.

Hobi usually left early on Thursdays for his shifts at the hospital, but today was Monday... he was suppose to be off.

A door slammed shut behind Yoongi.

"Good morning grumpy old man." Grumbled Hobi even with a smile dancing across his face from the startled look Yoongi had on his face.

"I'm sorry Hobi... something happened to me yesterday, and I have no idea how to explain it."

Hobi sat down at the table resting his chin on hands as he tilted his head. Waiting to hear more of what Yoongi had to say.

"Try."

He stared at Hobi with his messy hair, striped t-shirt with random cartoons on the front and faded jeans. He didn't have an answer. The only thing he could think to say was.

"She feels like fire and I can't breath..."

Remembering what Hobi had said he got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower.