FUN RUN

He laid in the green grass shadowed by the willow, looking up through the branches at the slowly drifting puffy white clouds. So much had happened in the past couple of months, and it was like things were finally falling into place. 

Yoongi and Y/N had been hanging out a lot more, and Namjoon seemed to be distracted a lot. No one really knew why, but he looked happy.  The warm breeze rustled the swaying branches making the curtain open slightly revealing Yoongi's favorite view.

She was beautiful, her sun kissed skin, and bright smile that made him melt. Y/N's hair was wavy today with a tiny bird clip to hold it back out of her eyes. The way her skinny jeans hugged her thighs, and her flowy purple top. If only he could tell her everything he was feeling. But it was still too soon. 

"Hi.." she smiled laying down her legs kicked out as she rested her head on his chest. Yoongi sighed happily. "Hi…" he ran his fingers through her silly hair a smile stretching across his face. Everything seemed so perfect. 

Except they never said they were together, but they were always hanging out. They would laugh and joke around. 

"Y/N…" 

"Hmmm…" she hummed while propping herself up to look up at him. He played with her hair,as he gazed at her, noticing the tiny flicks of heat dancing along his fingers touched her hair.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked. Y/N looked confused for a moment before she booped him on the nose. "I'm a lot better than I was over a year ago. I have you and Joon to thank for that. Although he hasn't talked me since he left that night." 

Yoongi nodded and hugged her close. He hated the way things were. Namjoon wasn't talking to him or Y/N. He'd talk to Hobi but whenever Yoongi would try to talk he would shrug him off. Almost as if the conversation at the studio was an end all. Then again he could just be overthinking it. He could only hope that maybe one day his friend would forgive him.

"Hey?" Y/N interrupted his thoughts, tapping him lightly. He gave her a small smile moving to sit up against the tree. She adjusted to rest her head on his shoulder and sighed. "Same question." 

"I'm fine…" 

She peeked up at his face, he seemed sad but content. Scrunching her face, Y/N moved to sit criss crossed in front of him. "Really?"

His heart squeezed. She really shouldn't look at him like that. He swallowed hard and repeated his previous answer. Y/N huffed but didn't push him to talk. She figured he would talk when he was ready. 

"Want to go for a run to clear your head?" 

Yoongi scratched the side of his head and laughed nervously. "I only run when I'm running away from you…."

Y/N looked shocked, but then a mischievous smile played across her face. That's when he knew he had messed up. She jumped up and hunched down like she was going to pounce. Which made him Yelp as he scrambled to his feet to run away from the crazed woman. All the while laughing when he heard her feet slapping the pavement close behind him. 

------------------------

"Yo Joon!! Focus Man!! You almost hit that mailbox!" Screeched Hoseok as they rounded another corner in the ambulance. They were on there way to a call, but with how Namjoon was driving Hoseok wasn't sure they'd make it. 

Namjoon wiped his hand across his face. He hated driving, it always stressed him out and what makes it worse it was a fucking requirement for this job. 

"I'm trying…." He said as he hit the second curb of the day, jolting Hoseok forward when he decided to slam on the brakes. Several things in the back fell, and you could hear Zach cursing loudly. 

"Mutha fuckin….piece of shit… fucking stupid ass.. who gave you damn license...I fuckin..FUCK"

Hoseok looked over at Namjoon, he was already looking at him apologetically. "I'll drive… it's fine… not sure what I was thinking after last time." He said calmly as he hopped out the ambulance to get in the driver's seat. Namjoon slid out the seat into the passenger side. Zach was still cursing almost as if something snapped in his head. "Dude chill" Hoseok yelled throwing a box of gloves at him. 

"He always tries to kill us when he drives!" Zach whined as he rubbed the side of his head.

Namjoon crossed his arms and stared out the window. "We need to get to the call" Hoseok nodded and put the pedal to the metal. 

They made it there safely. Detective Kim approached them giving them the details of what happened. Apparently one of the officers had been attacked in his home with his husband, and now his boyfriend was missing. He had a heavy gash above his eyebrow and his jaw appeared to be broken.

They grabbed the kit from the back and went to aid the OFC. He was sitting there with a steely look on his face, and a slight hint of worry. "I have to find my baby boy…" he stated firmly while gripping Hoseok's arm extremely hard. "He just couldn't stay away…" 

Namjoon eye Hoseok who looked like he was going to cry. His eyes shot to the man's hand gripping Hoseok's arm. It was turning a dark purple. "Sir, I understand you are upset and angry. But, I need you to release his arm so we can work to help you." Namjoon informed. 

The OFC let go of him instantly apologizing several times, and then his face went slack and he passed out. They worked fast putting him on the stretcher and getting him to the hospital. 

"What even?" Hoseok asked as he sped down the quiet street. Namjoon shook his head. "You think it's the serial killer?" 

"I don't even know… Ugh… ice cream sounds so good right now."

Namjoon rolled his eyes at his friend then glanced back at Zach and the man on the stretcher.

Pulling out a piece of paper and his phone he sent a message.

((Send to Unknown: Hi it's Namjoon….))

-------------

They stopped running after a while, Yoongi was out of breath hunched over with his hands on his knees. Y/N was standing beside him smiling and stretching her arms out like she could run some more. 

Standing up straight they watched as an ambulance with sirens and lights blaring run over a curb and then speed up down the street. 

"They let him drive again?" He laughed. Y/N glanced at him then back at the curb. 

"Namjoon?" 

Yoongi nodded. 

"I don't think I've been in a car with him driving…" Y/N thought out loud.

"Probably for the better." Yoongi said bluntly.

After that they walked together talking about everything and anything. Their hands would brush every so often, and as much as he wanted to hold her hand he would just refrain for now. 

The smell of pretzels and hotdogs wafted through the night air as they continued to stroll along, the scent drawing them near the tiny stand. "It smells so good.." groaned Y/N. Yoongi smiled paying the vender, then handing Y/N a pretzel, his fingertips brushing her hand. 

Her cheeks turned pink from his touch. Looking up into his eyes that seemed so happy and bright. She smiled her heart skipping a beat as she went to step closer. Yoongi's lips tugged into half smile. 

🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭
A/N: Seriously, with the running!?! Any way... this is a fluff chapter. However, there is something important in this chapter as well.. Thank you all for reading. Sorry for such a late post. I've been busy.
💜💜💜💜💜💜🚨CJ🚨💜💜💜💜💜💜