Return Me to You

🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭
A/N: I can't believe this book is almost complete. One chapter remains. Any questions?
Also thank you to everyone reading and voting for my story! You guys are amazing!!! So much love for each and every one of you!!
A special thanks to AmberSmith752 and JoePhillips484 for the edits and feedback before posting and even after. Thank you!
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜CJ💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Namjoon woke up, his mouth was extremely dry, and he vaguely remembered being broken and folded somewhat neatly into a barrel like a puppet. The pain he had felt was excruciating, but today he only felt dull aches. His mind was racing trying to figure out whether he was dead or just lost. The room was dark, and the silent beeping of a machine was nearby. Where was he? Did Hin still have him? No… This was a hospital room, he could tell by the biohazard container on the wall near the sink. His whole body was still, and some parts were impossible to move. Some of his muscles must have atrophy, but how long has he been laying here in this bed? There were cards and flower’s decorating the room, and girl resting quietly in the recliner near his bed. Y/N? But where was Amber?

He stared at her for a long time, debating on whether he wanted to talk. He wasn’t even sure he could anymore. Hin had choked him so hard the night he had folded him like a lawn chair. Namjoon tried swallowing, but due to his dry mouth he felt as if he was being choked all over again. He started coughing, sending waves of pain through his chest, and lower body. “Arghg….” Was the only noise he made, this alerted the sleeping girl. She instantly rose panicked, rushing to his side. “JoonBug, what’s wrong?” Y/N’s voice was shaky as she helped him to sit up. He gave her a smile, and she smiled back. 

“Where’s Amber?” his voice sounded weird. 
“Shhh….” She said grabbing a cup of water with a straw, bringing it to his dry, cracked lips. He took a slow sip trying to avoid another choking spell. The water ran down his throat like ice needles that wanted to shred everything as they came down. Wincing he pushed the cup away gently and shook his head. Where is Amber? He thought again. 
 Y/N was lost in her phone for a good 15 minutes before she looked up again with a small smile on her tired face. He wondered how long she had been there, and why she was here not Amber. But, that’s when he remembered the kids. She was the sole guardian of them now, after the grandmother completely lost it due to all the loss she had endured. She couldn’t handle it anymore, so they hospitalized her. Which made it hard for Amber to get away on her own, and little kids don’t sit well in hospitals. 
He closed his eyes and fell back asleep.  

-----------------Y/N POV------------
“I don’t have the heart to tell him…” Y/N said in a small voice. Yoongi was sitting on the floor next to the recliner resting his head on the arm. They both felt like they needed to be there for him, since Amber left for America two weeks ago. There were things she needed to take care of in the courts there, and she needed to check up on Mama Pat in the Hospital she was transported to.  She asked them if they could keep him company until she could come back, and that if he woke up to tell him that she loved him. But, that was over a year ago. Namjoon laid here for almost two years, and this was the first time he has made any movement aside from the first night after they had found him. 

“She was supposed to come back.” Yoongi concluded as he looked over at his broken friend. I stood up from the chair, walking out of the room for some air. I couldn’t sit there a second longer knowing what I had to tell him. The girl he had fallen for, actually truly fell for had left. She stopped responding to messages about a month ago, and no one has been able to reach her any other way. They couldn’t even get ahold of the kids. Little Calliope would be seven now and Perseus nine. Namjoon loved them all, it would kill him to know they were gone. I shook my head fighting back tears, until I heard a giggle. I turned around quickly to see a little chubby girl running towards me arms stretched out. “Y/N!!!” She squealed as she jumped into my arms. 
“Hey sweetie!! Where have you been?” I asked the wiggling girl in my arms, who just couldn’t seem to contain her excitement. “I was with my Maw Maw” she said wiggling herself free, and peeking in the doorway to Namjoon’s Hospital room. 
I could see Yoongi’s tired face light up when he saw Calliope. Relief washed over my entire body as I followed her into the room. Her little hand going up to touch Namjoon’s face. Namjoon turned his head into the little hand. A smile spread across his face so wide, you’d think it would have cracked. 
“Callie bug!” his voice was still scratchy when he spoke but you could hear the excitement in it, and something like relief. The little girl danced around in circles, then went to hug him so carefully. Which was odd for the wiggling mess she was just moments ago when I hugged her. However, she was a smart girl she knew to be gentle. We weren’t quite sure how much pain he was still in. 
A few minutes later Amber walked in with a boy who was taller than her. Turns out Perseus hit a growth spurt while in America. He looked a lot like Catie from what I remember of her. She was only at the Minute Café for a time before she passed.  He waved shyly at me then went and sat down next to Yoongi instantly going into detail about a game he had been playing before they flew here the day before.  
Namjoon jerked upward regretting it shortly after. All his muscles screamed at him from the lack of use. “Amber” his eyes searched her face. She couldn’t move fast enough to embrace the man she had been missing all this time.  He could feel his heart pounding against his chest as she broke down crying. She just couldn’t get close enough. Seconds later, his lips found hers, and she kissed him back with a need that was almost painful. Breaking away he wiped away a tear, smiling at the girl who had stolen his heart with sarcasm and an extraness like no other. 
“I missed you.” She said as she squeezed his hand. 
“You too.”