Is it worth the Butterflies?

"Come here." Y/N called Yoongi as he threw his trash away in the bin. He walked over smiling. "What?" 
She grabbed by the waist then held her phone up for a selfie. Yoongi squirmed to get away causing Y/N to get a goofy picture of the two. She pouted at him and he just laughed. "Aw… come on take a picture with me!" She begged with her poutiest face. 

"Okay… okay… no more pouting.. I can't take the cuteness.." he said as he waved his hands in defeat. 

Wrapping an arm around Y/N shoulders he looked at her smiling, and she snapped the picture. 

"Heeeey! I wasn't looking…" he frowned. 

So she took about five more before she was satisfied, and Yoongi looked like he may run. So, it was safer for her to stop then.

"Thanks for spending time with me today. It's been fun." 

"Anytime. I enjoy being with you." 

Y/N blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear looking down. He smiled at her shyness, hoping that one day he could kiss her again. 

"Walk me home?" She asked him. He nodded and then they started to walk towards the apartment two blocks away. They talked about all the times he ran, and the time when he hid behind the dumpster. How she always thought he was stalking her. When really he was trying to work up the courage to talk to her. Which made Y/N swoon internally. She looked over at Yoongi as they walked, his pale face illuminated by the streetlights, he was beautiful. The way his mint hair fell in his eyes, and how he scratches the back of his neck when he would get shy/nervous when he would talk about the past. He was different from Namjoon in a lot of ways. Always tried to keep his distance for his friend, even though it was hard for him. She could see that now. The way he still tried to. 

Perhaps, one day he would ask her. But, for now she would wait. Because, deep down she wasn't ready just yet. 

Yoongi noticed her staring over at him as they walked along. However, when he looked over at her, her cheeks turned a slight pink and she looked back forward tucking her hair behind her ear again. 

"Y/N ...?" He questioned.

"Mmm…?" She looked over at him, and he pointed back towards the way they just came.

"We just past your apartment building…" 

Her eyes widened as she turned on her heels to start back. Yoongi chuckled and grabbed her by the arm and brought her into a hug. He couldn't resist doing so. But, Y/N didn't mind, she just rested her head on his chest and breathed him in.

They stood like that for a while until Yoongi cleared his throat and suggested heading home. A few minutes later they were outside her apartment. 

"Goodnight.." He said leaning forward and kissing her forehead lightly. Y/N smiled as the butterflies danced in her tummy. "Goodnight Yoongi.." 

She turned and walked in, slowly closing the door as she watched him walk slowly down the hallway to the main entrance.

-------------

"Whatcha doin?" Hobi yelled causing Y/N to almost jump out of her skin. She almost forgot that he was staying with her. 

"I...I..I was hanging out with Yo...Yoongi.." she stammered.

Hobi just grinned from ear to ear. "And …?" 

"An … and nothing…" she said defensively as she grabbed a muffin then plopped down on the couch beside him. She pretended to not notice his "really" expression while picking at the chips in the muffin. 

"Namjoon is seeing someone else already." Hobi blurted out. Y/N almost choked on the piece of muffin in her mouth. 

"Wh...what?" 

"Yea.. he stares all giddy like into his phone when it goes off. He use to do that with you. So that's my assumption." Hobi explained as he patted her on the back with a worried expression.

"Oh… that's good."

"Is it?" 

" We aren't together anymore…" Y/N sighed as she looked at the door longing for a Yoongi hug to disappear into. 

"Well… what about Yoongi Boi?"

She looked at him confused for a moment. But understanding showed on her face and Hobi smiled.

"I don't know…" she sighed reaching for a throw pillow and hugging it. "Maybe one day…"

Hobi face lit up when he heard that. Propping his head on his hands while sitting criss-crossed on the cushion facing her. He demanded excitedly.
"Spill the tea woman!" 

Y/N about choked again at his outburst. Man all she wanted was to relax and watch some cheesy drama on TV. But, she did want to share how she had been feeling lately. Especially her feelings towards Yoongi. 

"Well…."

"Uh-huh.." Hobi nodded urging her to continue.

"I think I like Yoongi…" she spat out quickly then hiding her face in the pillow. 

Hobi rolled his eyes. " ah… well honey I knew that… especially with how much you talk in your sleep." 

He giggled trying to pull the throw pillow away from her, as her face turned beet red from embarrassment.

"Hoooobii…" Y/N whined as she struggled to keep the pillow in front of her face. "Come on… I do not!... Seriously?" She looked at him befuddled. 

He nodded happily still trying to take her pillow. She groaned as she threw herself back into the couch cushion.

"That's so embarrassing.." she exclaimed.

"Kinda cute actually…"

Y/N cut her eyes at him. "SERIOUSLY?!"

He threw up his hands and shrugged. "Look all I'm going to say is give it a chance."

Deep down Y/N wanted nothing more than to do that. But, she wasn't able to bring herself to. She had to many insecurities, and they blinded her from the possibilities. Could she be truly happy, would the butterflies and fire be enough to cure her? 

"Maybe…" was the only thing she could say. It was the only thing that felt safe. 

🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭
A/N: Hi! Would you guys like a little background on Y/N? Aside from what you already know? Let me know in the comments. Do you think she'll ever come around for Yoongi? Is it worth the butterflies? We shall see... Oh and thank you for staying with me on the rollercoaster that is this story. Love you guys! AmberSmith752 no spoilers.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜CJ💜💜💜💜💜💜💜