7.

Billie's POV

I was sitting next to Micah, during math class. I was actually paying attention to this. Math is hard bro! Lucky the bell rang, indicating school was over for today.

I looked over at Alexis seeing she was packing her stuff and heading out. I quickly did the same and catched up on her. "Hey Alexis." I called. She looked behind. Not giving me any readable facial expression. "Uh, you could get over to my house to work on this project." I told. She was thinking about it and nodded slowly then. "Uh, sure. But you should come over at mine, No body is home anyway." She said. "Okay, let's head to my car." I said.

I saw her eyes widen a little as she saw my mat black dodge challenger. "Nice car." She complimented. I smirked as I opened for her to get in.

The ride was quiet, besides her giving me directions to her house.

We arrived and she opened the door. "Britt I'm home." She yelled. A woman mid her 30s came in the hallway, smiling. "Hi Alex. Oh who is this?" She asked referring to me. I was confused, this can't be her mom or her stepmom, she's too young for that. "Oh, Britt, this is Bille, Billie this is Britt." She said. "We're working on a project." She explained Britt, on which Britt nodded. She walked upstairs so I just followed her.

Once in her room she let herself fall down on her bed and let out a long sigh. She looked adorable.. Why did I just think that?!

She got up again and patted the spot next to her, indicating I should sit next to her. "I thought you said nobody was home." I said, referring to that woman. She just shrugged. "Britt isn't a big deal she'll always be around." She said. "So she can't be your mom, right?" I asked, getting curious. She laughed at that. "Would I be calling her by her name if she was my mom." She said, shaking her head. "Not like I know." I said. "No, I haven't seen my mom in over a year. Britt is just Britt." She said. I nodded, not asking any further because I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it.

"So what charity do you want to donate money to?" Alexis asked once she open her laptop to write everything down. "Maybe we could do LGBT+." I said, not knowing what would be a good charity. She shook her head. "I'm all for LGBT+, but I think that we could do better. It would kind of selfish of two people who are part of the community to donate to the community." She said. I looked at her with a confused facial expression. "Who told you I'm part of the LGBT community." I asked. "Don't act shocked Billie, it's obvious." She said, looking me up and down. "Well." I started, "Don't judge people based on their appearance." She told me. She laughed loudly. "Judge me please, that were your words, not mine." She answered me.

"What about human rights." She said, on which I shook my head. I thought that would actually be a pretty good idea, but I just want to be stubborn and also decline her idea now. "mental health." I said, on which sh shook her head. I think, at this point it has just became a game to decline each other's ideas. "let's just both write 3 ideas down and then we pull one of the cards and that's going to be the charity. She agreed on doing that.

"I'm going to pull the card." I said as I got ready to put my hand in the cup and take one of the cards. "Oh so why can't I do it?" Alexis asked taking the cup away from me. "Because I don't trust you, now give the cup." I said, taking it out of her hands, but she took it right back. "So you don't trust me but I should trust you." She said. "Yes, because I am trustable." I said. "Now give that goddamn cup." I said. She sighed and rolled her eyes, but didn't give me the cup. "Britt!" She shouted on the top of her lungs. Britt came rushing in the room. "We can't agree on who is going to pull a card. You have to do it." She said, I chuckled at her. This is just fucking childish. "What is this for?" She asked. "We need to agree on a charity to donate money to, so we decided to each write down our top 3 and then pull out a card." She explained. Britt laughed loudly now. "Well I can tell this project will be a whole success." She laughed. "It will." I assured her.

Britt pulled a card. "Wildlife." She said, reading the card. "Yes yes yes yes! That's mine!" I said excited, seeing Alexis roll her eyes. "We need a new chance." She pouted. "Alex stop being a child, man up." Britt said before leaving the room.

Alexis took her laptop and typed down the charity, starting our file. We filled in why it would be a good idea to donate money to this charity.

"So, now wat can we do for the event." She asked. "What do you like? I mean like hobbies or whatever." I asked her. She shrugged for a bit. "Drawing, or like making art. I guess." She said. "We can't do anything with that, right?" She said. I thought for a little. "I mean, I can assure you that almost everyone is going to make an artwork. If we want to win this competition, we have to think out of the box. Just making an artwork isn't that original." She said. I nodded. She was totally right. "What about music?" I asked. "I mean, I write music and I sing and stuff." I told her. "I know, but I'm not really talented in a music way." She said.

It was silent for a good 10 minutes. I suddenly had a great idea. "Okay, Alexis. Here is what we're going to do. WE ARE GOING TO PUT OUT A WHOLE ASS ALBUM!" I screamed out. "Wait, what. We can't do that." She said. "You shouldn't be putting a lot of money into this, I'm sure recording a whole album is expensive if you're not famous or shit." She said. I rolled my eyes at her. "Well, my brother happened to be a producer. He does pretty good stuff." I told her. "Okay, but putting an album out if like... your thing. Music is not really my thing, I mean sure I love it, but I just can't do anything to do with music." She told me. I sighed, shaking my head. "You, my dear Alexis, you are gonna make an art cover for it." I told her. It seemed like she was actually liking this idea. "You can teach me how to play some instruments and then we can organize a concert type thing together where we play the songs on the album together." She said. My eyes widened at that idea. "Dude, that's genius, we are so going to win this competition!" I said excited.

It's been a couple hours now since we found our idea for the project and we've both been working on ideas for new songs and for the artwork. We didn't feel like filling out the file, that's the boring part of it all.

"What do you think of this lyrics? What is it you want? You can lie, but I know that you're not fine. Every time you talk, you talk 'bout me but you swear I'm not on your mind." I asked as I looked her straight in the eyes. I can tell the words hit her right in the face. "I- uh. Wow that's really good, did you just now come up with that?" She asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I have some more lyrics in my notebook at home, where I can probably make some good songs out also." I said.

Then I looked at her piece of paper, there were some random doodles and sketches, but nothing specific yet. She saw I was looking over at her work and she handed the paper over. "It's nothing special yet, I'm just trying some things out." She said, getting ready for judgements, but what she has is actually already pretty good. I smiled widely, this is probably the first time I gave this girl a genuine smile and it's also probably the first time we had a conversation without any tension between us.

After a little more time hanging at hers, I left her house. It was around 9 pm I got back home.