37.

Alexis' POV
It's been a week since Billie first started opening her eyes and do small movements. Ever since then she's had really good days where she's awake all day and really seems to be following conversations and other days are a little less good where she sleeps more.

Today is one of the good days, she's been awake since 10 am, it's 3 pm right now. Finneas has been here all day, just like me (obviously).

Finneas and I are just talking, when it happens. The moment we've been waiting for, for weeks.

"Finhm." Billie mumbles, seeming like she's trying to say 'Fin'.

Finneas and I look at each other with wide eyes. Billie her gaze lands on me and she doesn't look away anymore. "What are you trying to say?" Finneas asks her, rubbing her shoulder comfortingly. She sighs and doesn't say anything for a good minute. She obviously needs her time after not speaking for over a month.

"Can she leave." She finally manages to bring out. I know she's talking about me. I feel my heart break right there in that moment. Finneas gives me a small nod, telling me it will get better. I nod and leave the room.

-------------------

Billie's POV

I can't look at Alexis without feeling my heart break, that's why I sent her away. I know she's been here for however long I've been here and it means a lot to me that she was willing to do that for me, but I still need to have my own time now and not have her around for some time. When she leaves the room, I turn to Finneas.

He looks like he hasn't slept in years and he also looks like he hasn't eaten any proper meals. His face is way skinnier then I remember and his arms are like sticks, it's worrying me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks in a shaky voice. "I don't know." I tell him quietly, talking seems easier then I thought it would be. "Where am I?" I ask.

"In the hospital, Billie." He says. "Why?" I ask, trying to use as less words as possible so I don't waste too much energy.

"Are you ready to hear the whole story? It's heavy." He says, but I nod. I know it's probably going to be hard, but I just need to know.

"Do you remember a lot?" He asks, on which I shake my head.

"You remember Alexis, right?" He asks, on which I nod.

"You two were dating, I promise you, you guys were so happy. I haven't seen you happier then when you were with her. But some shit went down and it all crashed down in a very short period of time. Apparently she called you because weird shit was happening and you didn't answer her that night, and that's where it started, she started ignoring you. She went with Britt, her nanny or whatever I should call her, to Britt's parents' where she's hung out with Britt's brother, Richard. She posted some stuff on her Instagram story to piss you off. So you went out with that Phoebe chick and posted on your story to piss her off and this caused you guys to break up." He explains, trying to keep it short.

"How did I end up here?" I ask. "You drove under influence and you got hit by a truck." He tells me, holding my hand to give me support.

It all comes back hearing it. The big headlights coming near, my head against the glass of the window, me falling through the window, on the ground. Everything comes right back.

It's hard to breath suddenly and I shake my head. "This is a nightmare." I mumble, shaking more. "I'm calling the doctor." Finneas says, pressing the red button above my head.

Immediately, a nurse comes. "Billie, look at me. Follow the flash." The nurse says, moving a little flashlight side to side in front of my eyes. I try to focus, but it's hard.

"Take it easy." The nurse says, still moving the flashlight in front of my eyes. It's working now. "Are you okay?" She asks when she notices my breath starts to get steadier. I just nod, not wanting to talk.

"So what's the cause of this all?" The nurse asks. "I told her what happend the night of the accident, I wasn't going to, but she wanted to know." Finneas says, clearly feeling guilty.

After that, the doctor comes to talk to me. He sends everyone out of the room, to have some privacy I guess.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, once everyone is outside. I hear demped voice from outside, it seems like Alexis and Finneas both are calling people. Probably telling them about me waking up.

"I'm tired." I say, on which he nods. "That's completely normal. What you've been through is extremely exhausting." He says, while he writes something down. "Do you think you could eat on your own?" He asks. "Fuck yeah." I say, thinking about all the food I haven't had for so long. "What about moving? In how far do you think you are capable of sitting up?" He asks. I try to get up, but nope, nothing. "I don't think I can." I say, sighing. "No worries, I will get you a therapist for revalidation, when do you think you will be able to start sessions?" He asks. I just shrug. "When I have food in my system and by food I don't mean this shit." I say, pointing to the bag of whatever the fuck it is hanging above my head. The doctor laughs a little, nodding again. "I think Finneas and Alexis are calling people to tell them you woke up, are you ready for all those people to be here, or do you want them to chill out a bit and let you get some rest?" He asks. "I just want my family to be honest, I don't want to see anyone else, yet." I say. With that, he nods and walks out.

——————————
So, after the doctor left, my parents arrived and hung out with me and Finneas. I don't think I've seen them this relieved ever in my life.

"How long have I been in a coma?" I ask. "For a month you've been completely off this world and last week you've been a little more aware, opening your eyes and all." Finneas answers, on which I nod. "I remember that." I tell him.

"Wait, you really know you've been up last week?" Finneas asks. "Yeah I've heard everything you guys said." I tell him. "Alexis has been here for a month and a week?" I ask, shocked, I mean, I didn't know it's been this long. "Yeah, she's been to school a half day and went home every now and then to shower but for the rest she's been here all along." My mom says. "She's a good girl." She adds.

I mean, I know she's a good girl! I don't deserve her, I always fuck up and then tragic shit like this happens.

"Do you want to talk to her?" My mom asks, with a lot of hope in her voice. I can tell she really wants me to make up to Alexis and get back with her and I do want to get back with her! But I don't know, it's all too much for me right now. So I don't think talking to her is something I will do for the coming weeks, but I do want to talk to our other friends but I would feel bad if I let our other friends in and Alexis not, so I don't know what I should do.

Also, where the fuck is my phone? I don't see it anywhere in this room. When Fin notices that I'm looking for something, he asks me what's up. "Where's my phone?" I ask. He shrugged. "You probably lost it in the accident. We did buy you a new one, wait I have it in my backpack." He says. He hands it to me, he's already set it up completely, so I can just start using it.

——————————

Today was an exhausting day, I feel like I literally used all the energy I had in me, but now it's evening and they just brought me my dinner. It tasted like absolute trash, but I did eat a proper amount of it, it felt good to have actual food in my system.

Everyone left about 30 minutes ago, so now I'm for the first time in a month and a week completely alone and it feels so weird. I kinda wish Alexis was still here, it was nice to have her here. She always was so sweet and caring, but she deserves some proper sleep too. I just want her to be here, but I can't have her here that would just complicate everything even more.

I just don't know it anymore, I know now what happend, but I still don't know it anymore. I want her to be mine again, I want to have her here with me, but at the same time I can't have her to be mine again and I can't have her here.

It's all a mindfuck and I feel like it's all my fault, I shouldn't have ignored her just for Phoebe. I haven't even heard of Phoebe yet, she hasn't showed any signs of caring yet.