13.

Alexis' POV

I didn't put any alarm today, even though it's just a Thursday and there's usually school, the teacher cancelled the rest of the week, so that all the pupils could sleep in after the exhausting trip.

I woke up at 10:30 am when Champ jumped on the bed, licking my face. "Hey buddy." I said in a baby voice after waking up a little, scratching his head. He clearly missed me a lot.

I got up and walked downstairs, where Britt was having a coffee and reading her paper. "Got morning, sleepy head." She said, smiling at me. "Good morning." I said, pouring out a glass of water. I had told Britt everything that happened on the trip last night. After the whole story, she advised I should invite Billie over. She think Billie is actually a nice person and that she has a good influence on me, she said she had never seen me happier before I met Billie. So I decided to text her. She's probably not up yet, though. She's not really a morning person.

Me: Hey Bil, do you wanna come over, I was planning on working on the project and I thought it would be nice to work together! Let me know something.

I put my phone in my pocket again and went sitting next to Britt. We just talked more about all the other stuff that had happened beside the drama at the three day trip and before I even knew it hours had passed.

When my phone buzzed, I smiled when I saw Billie her name appear. I immediately opened her text.

Billie: Sorry I only woke up now, but of course I wanna come over! I'll be on my way in 5!

With that, my smile only grew wider. "Someone has good news." Britt said, watching me smile. "Billie is on her way." I told her. She nodded happily. "I'm happy for you kiddo." She said, ruffling my hair.

I smiled at her like an idiot, realizing how lucky I am with someone like Britt on my side. She will never judge me for anything and she will always be there. When I had my first broken heart at the age of 10, she was there to mend it. When my first ever pet, a little kitten called Kitty, died, she was there to dry my tears. When I didn't have my parents wishing me a happy birthday every year, she was there to make sure my birthday was fun. When I won a halloween drawing competition when I was 12, she was there to cheer me. My parents never were around for any important things in my life. Britt was like an older brother, a sister, a mom and a dad in one person to me. And I love her with my whole heart.

My parents hired her not long after my birth. I probably was 2 months old when they hired her, because they didn't want me. Their work was just a cover up for the fact that I was an unwanted accident. Britt was only a child herself when she got hired as a babysitter, she was 17. But she had to come more frequently until the point where she just started living with me and never left again.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell, indicating Billie had arrived. I was excited to see her!

I opened the door and saw a smiling Billie with her backpack and her guitar hanging on her back. I didn't hesitate, pulling her in a hug. She hugged me back and gave a soft kiss on my cheek. "Britt, Billie is here, we're upstairs." I yelled through the house, before taking her hand and leading her upstairs.

"Did you sleep alright?" I asked Billie as we both settled on my bed. She nodded a little, not very convincing. "I never really sleep good." She mumbled, taking out her notebook and a pen. "Did you sleep good?" She asked. "Like a baby."

We both went to our own work, we were still procrastinating filling in the file and just doing the fun stuff: drawing and writing.

I was starting to have an idea of what I wanted the artwork for the cover to look like. I wanted it to be all black, white and gray and as simple as possible. At this moment I still only had some doodles and sketches, but I knew I wanted a deer to be the attention point of the cover, but I also wanted to have some kind of mountains and trees to be in there, so I had to figure out how I was going to make that work.