44.

Billie's POV

When I wake up, I can't suppress a smile, seeing Alexis' beautiful face. She's already up.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I ask her. She just smiles and shrugs. "Maybe."

I smile and pull her closer. "I love you, do you know that?" I tell her, giving her a kiss on the top of her head. "I love you too." She says, kissing me softly on my lips.

"So, I know it's like super late, because Christmas eve is already in three days, but I still don't have presents yet because of all the shit that has happend the last months, so I was wondering if we could ask our friends and we could go Christmas shopping later today, after my therapy session and we could invite them over and maybe do like secret santa or so." I suggest to Alexis.

"When's your therapy?" She asks. I take my phone to look at the time. "In two hours." I tell her. "Do you want me to go with you?" She then asks, on which I nod. "I like having you there."

"Okay, then we should text our mates and suggest them the idea and also invite them for Christmas eve too." Alexis says.

*Group chat*

Billie added Remi to the group chat

Billie added Nathan to the group chat

Billie added Lewis to the group chat

Me: Hey guys, Alexis and I were wondering if you guys already have presents for Christmas, because we are gonna do Christmas shopping later today. We also thought it was a cool idea to do secret santa. And lastly, we are having a dinner on Christmas eve and you guys are invited too.

After that we get up to go eating breakfast, I still walk around with my crutches, but that goes really well and I'm sure that when Mia sees that walking with the crutches goes this good, she'll make me try without, but I honestly am down to try and do it without, I'm done with all this stuff so much, I want to leave this part of my life behind and move on, but I'll only be able to do that when I can walk properly again.

So after breakfast, Finneas drives us to the hospital while my parents get to there work. So I guess I'll have two supporters during my session today. Finneas hasn't seen any of my sessions yet, but he said he wanted to see it, so I figured he should drive us then.

We meet Mia at the front desk of the hospital. "Ah, I see you bring more and more supporters each time." Mia smiles, shaking my hand. "Hello, you two." She says, before shaking Finneas and Alexis' hands too. "You can follow." She says and walks up to the mini gym of the hospital.

"So how have you been since you got home?" She asks once we arrive at the mini gym. "Good, walking with the crutches is going smoothly so far, but I'm so done wit them." I say. "I can imagine that. We'll see where we get with today's session, maybe we can already try to walk without them, but I'm not going to rush anything. Patients usually want to go quicker then there bodies can, because of the same reason you're saying, because they just want to walk again. I promise you, we'll get there." She assures me.

We start with the usual exercises, and I don't even understand why I still have to do those, I mean I'm walking again, it's not like my back or my feet are still blocked, I can use them perfectly, but I'll just do what Mia says I guess.

"Okay, now show me the walking." Mia says when the session is almost over. I just take a couple of steps with my crutches. "Do you want to try without the crutches?" She asks, nodding happily at the progress I've made already. "Fuck yeah." I answer her. "Okay, but you promise me you won't try this at home yet, you still use the crutches until I tell you otherwise." She tells me and then turns around to look at Alexis and Finneas who are sitting on the bench. "You two keep an eye on her, she can't walk around without crutches yet, we don't want sprained ankles in the phase of her recovery, it's to important now. Understood?" She tells them and both Finneas and Alexis nod.