38.

Billie's POV
Today I will meet my therapist for the first time and I'm kind of nervous. They don't know what the damage is and I do know some people that get out of a coma never can walk again. What if I could never walk again? I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair!

My thoughts are interupted by two people walking in. The first one I already know, the doctor. He smiles to see I'm up. "How are doing Billie? Still tired?" He asks. "Nah, I had a great night actually." I tell him. "This is Mia, she will be your therapist, she will train with you an hour a day." He tells me, introducing me to a young woman that looks like she's about mid her 20s. "Mia, this is Billie." The doctor says introducing me to Mia, before leaving the room again.

Mia seems like a nice person. She has friendly brown eyes and long brown hair in a ponytail. She seems like a smiley person, she's been smiling the whole time.

"So let's got started, right." She says coming up to me. "What can you do already?" She asks. "This." I say and lifting up my not broken arm. "Can you do anything with your legs or haven't you tried that yet?" She asks, causing me to shrug. I honestly don't know and I don't want to try either, what if I can't use them anymore? "Come one, try Billie. This is all about trying when you don't try anything, you will end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life and I think we both would hate to see that happening." She says.

Wow she has an interesting way of motivating me! (Note the sarcasm)

I try, but like I thought, nothing, so I just shake my head.

"Okay, we will first get all of those muscles loosen up again, they aren't used to do anything anymore and that's a big part of why you can't do anything anymore. You haven't been long in a coma in comparing to people who've been laying here for years." She says. I nod and let her just do whatever she needs to do. She basically cracks my whole body, but it does feel like my whole body was blocked, so cracking it felt good. After that she let's me do some exercises like lifting my arms (my broken arm too) and my legs (even though I can't lift my legs), but I have to try until I can. She's convinced I'll be able to.

After all that, she says I'm gonna have to try and sit up without the support of the headboard of my bed. But I can't, surprise right?

I sigh and shake my head, causing Mia to sit in a chair and looking at me. "Billie, I don't know what you are thinking right now, but if you have in mind that you won't be able to do any of those exercises, then you won't and let me tell you the earlier you start being motivated to do those, the better you will be able to do all those exercises. I don't wanna see you go home in a wheelchair okay? I will do anything to prevent that, if you prove me that you're motivated enough to work with me to do this." She says, I just nod. I look away feeling ashamed of myself. "Do you have someone home? I mean a special someone?" She asks. "What?" I ask, instead of answering her. Why does she need to know about my private life? "Yeah a boyfriend, or a girlfriend." She says. "I used to." I just respond, feeling sad to think about Alexis. "Who is it? That Alexis girl, isn't it? She's a pretty girl, she seems to care a lot for you. Do it for her, give her a girlfriend that can walk and take her out to wherever she wants to go." She says. "She ain't my girlfriend." I say bitterly. "But you want her to be, so if you want her back, get ya ass out that bed." She says.

As much as I hate to admit it, she's right. I do want her back and she won't want me back when I'm just some burden in a wheelchair.

"So sitting up it is?" She asks. I nod and she gets up from her chair again. She wraps her arms under my armpits and hooks them around my back so I do have some support. I sit up, but all my weight is resting on her so it's not like I'm really sitting up. I feel her loosen her grip on me bit by bit and I can keep it for about 3 seconds but it's hard. "That was already good, I'm proud. We will do this every day, you'll get there." Mia says, smiling. "The hour of today is over, I'll see you tomorrow." With that Mia leaves my room.

I know I will be alone today until the evening, because all our friends are at school and are told not to visit me yet and my family is working probably.

——————————

Alexis' POV
In a little less then a week exams start and now I just use the time I have to study as much as I can. With a little luck I can make it and pass them, or at least pass some of it. Some people might think that it sucks to be studying right now but the fact that I care about my grades and that I still have a lot of work and that I now have tons of time because I don't get to go to Billie anyway, makes me just give everything I have for the finals.

I don't really now how Billie's doing, Finneas hasn't updated me yet and I won't hear it from Billie herself either so I might call Fin later today to hear how she's doing. I do know she's got introduced to a therapist today so I hope that went good.

It also feels weird to be home again, I'm home alone right now, because Britt is out with friends.... again. Do not get me wrong, she deserves free time with friends more then anyone, but I think she might be hiding something, I mean, someone. I would be more then happy if she finally met someone though, she deserves to have that special someone! I just never thought about what would happen when she does meet someone, sure I'm 18 and am able to take care of myself, but I don't want to be living alone all day everyday that would sad and lonely. He or she could move in here, I mean this house is huge it would be all fine having one more person living here. Maybe I should just ask her about it and tell her that I'd support it if she had a relationship and that I would love to meet her person.

——————————

I press the green button and hold my phone up to my ear. "Hey Alex." I hear Fin's friendly voice greeting me. "Hey Fin, are you at the hospital?" I ask hopeful. "Yeah, I'm actually in her room right now." He says. "Does she want to talk to me yet?" I ask. After that I hear voices in the background but I can't understand their conversation. "She doesn't want to talk to you yet, she says she needs time to sort it all out. I'm sorry." I hear him say. He genuinely sounds sad to have to be telling me this. I just sigh and nod, even though he can't see that.

"We can properly talk now, I left her room for a second." I hear him say. "How did the thing with the therapist go?" I ask him. "Well, she says it went pretty good, but I met her therapist in the hallway earlier today and talked to her for a bit. She's a friendly woman, he name is Mia, but that's off point. She said Billie is a hard patient, because she doesn't has much faith in it. But Mia says she will be able to talk to Bil though, everything will be fine." He explains me. "Do you think she'll be able to make it to her birthday party and like if she can't walk yet, in a wheelchair. I just want her to see that I care enough to even make a whole damn party for her." I say. "I understand, I could ask her doctor." He says. "That would be nice, thank you so much."

We talked a little longer, but not too long because he still wanted to spend some time with Billie too.