56.

Alexis' POV

Finneas and I get in the car and decide to drive to Austin his house to search for any signs there, while Maggie and Patrick search through the neighbourhood of the school and Fabio and Britt search the other half of town.

While we're on our way to Austin's house, I feel my phone vibrate. I look at the display to see it's Charlie texting me.

Finneas frowns his face when he sees I'm looking at my phone in confusion. "Who is it?" He asks. "Charlie." I answer, still being confused. I open the message.

Charlie: Hey, I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now and I know I've been an ass and I should've known that what I was doing is wrong. I got caught up in Austin's self pity and I know it was wrong, sorry for getting you in detention, Austin asked me to so he could talk to Billie. She's with him right now, but I don't know where. I'm really sorry, I understand if you don't forgive me.

I read the message to Finneas. "The island." He mumbles after hearing the text. "What?" I ask. "He's on his way to that island you had that date on with him. He's there, I know him." Finneas says. He makes a U-turn, making his way to the highway. "We're on our way to the old harbor now, just outside town. You know that abandoned one." He tells the other two cars. They both know what he's talking about so we agree on seeing each other there.

I feel the little sparkle of hope that was still in me grow bigger again, knowing that we'll probably find them, but I also remember how far the harbor is away from here and thinking about what Austin could've done in the time he kidnapped Billie and the time we'll arrive there, makes me loose my hope. Austin is never up to something good and he isn't now either. I know him just good enough to know this for a fact.

After about 20 minutes, I start to loose my shit. "Just go faster Finneas, I need to get there right now, just fucking drive." I demand him. He doesn't talk back and just drives faster, like I told him.

-------------------

Billie's POV

When Austin pulls a gun out, I understand immediately that this is serious. I shake my head.

"You don't want to do this Austin." I say, trying my best to act as calm as I can.

"You can't fucking decide what I want to do and what I don't want to do, bitch!" He shouts at me, causing my eyes to close. I can hear fear in his voice clearly. He really does sound very scared, as scared as when he held that gun against Chloe's head past summer. I know he doesn't want this and that he still is a good guy deep down. People would declare me insane or something, but after everything he did to me and the people I love, I can still see he's a good guy deep down. He just needs help, and quick.

He steps closer to me, with the gun still pointed at me. He stops when I feel the gun touch my head slightly. "I'm gonna fucking kill you, you have ruined my life over and over again, you take everything away from me when I just get happy and I'm not fucking taking it anymore." He says. I notice his eyes turn a darker shade then I have ever seen in his eyes in my whole entire life and it honestly flips me out, but I can't let him see that he's scaring me. I have to be tough, for me, for Alexis, for everyone that I love.

"Austin, quit it. I'm going to be honest with you and I'm not saying this to make you even angrier, but it honestly isn't me that's ruining your life, you're doing it all yourself. You're making a wreck of yourself and honestly a whole monster because you don't see that Alexis and I are happy together. We love each other and I know it hurts, but she doesn't love you in that way. And I'm sure you could get an amazing girlfriend that looks maybe even better then Alexis, because as your friend, I can see past the monster that you created from yourself and I can still see the nice guy that Fin took home from camp to meet his little sister and I can still see the brave guy who'd come up for his 2 best friends during little street fights that didn't really mean anything. I can still see the guy that I was best friends with and came out to and felt at home with to be myself, when I look past the person you have made yourself to be. And you honestly are a really handsome guy with a good body and you could totally make it in the modelling industry and even find yourself a model as girlfriend. But you have to change yourself before it's to late." I say. I can see him gulp at all the past memories I just brought up that we share together, but then he shakes his head.