41.

Alexis' POV
Exams ended a couple of days ago and today it's Billie her birthday. I haven't talked to her or heard from her ever since she told me she doesn't want to talk to me. She did talk to us in the group chat every now and then and I've been getting daily updates from Finneas of Billie. She still can't walk without support, but if she gets support she can walk, so they could let her go to the party with crutches, but they want her to save her energy some more so they're letting her go in her wheelchair. Billie thinks it's a party thrown by all of her friends, so of course she's coming. Finneas did tell her I was gonna be there and she says she's fine with facing me again, so I'm kind of getting my hopes up again.

I'm now walking in the hall I hired to get everything perfect. Harry and Morgan are here too, Sean is picking up Nathan, Remi and Lewis because they're invited to the party too, so Sean, Mich and Micah are picking them up from the airport and we are finishing everything here.

We have the picture wall, all the food and the cake, drinks that we put in the fridges this morning and we also have a karaoke set, I think that'll be fun. Shit is going to be cool today. I also asked Britt if Fabio is coming and he really wanted to and he said he was honored that he's invited but he had an emergency for his work, so he can't come.

For the rest, of course Micah, Mich, Sean, Morgan and Harry are invited. We also invited their families, Britt, Fin, Claudia, patrick and Maggie. Besides that Nathan, Remi and Lewis are coming too. We first didn't want to invite Lewis because it might be awkward for Remi but she said they're fine and Nathan wanted his twin brother to be their too. But Lewis wanted to invite Phoebe, so we said she can't come, I mean of course she can't come. Britt invited her parents and Richard too and Richard wanted to bring Archie because he didn't really know anyone here, so we said it was fine but I'm kind of nervous for Bil to meet Richard and Archie, I think she'll like them though. Beside that we invited a lot of the kids of our class too, not everyone is coming but Jose, Luke, Elias and Charlie are coming because they get along with Billie pretty good and they all visited Billie a couple of times when she was in coma.

——————————

Now everyone arrived, we're just waiting for Billie to come now. Bil, Fin and their parents are arriving any moment. Fin just texted me and I'm so excited for Billie to see all of this but I'm also nervous, it's been some days since I've seen her or talked to her and I still love her more then I love anyone else, so I kind of hope she takes this opportunity to talk to me and maybe we can make up and go back to what we had.

My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening. Revealing Finneas who was pushing Billie's wheelchair and Patrick and Maggie behind them. When Billie saw the hall and everyone that was here, her eyes lit up. She was looking so good, she was basically glowing, I don't think I've seen her like this ever since we broke up.

Everyone started to felicitate Billie and giving her presents, some gathered money to buy her designer clothing, others gave her money or coupons for shops that she likes, and I must admit I have thought about those presents too but I didn't feel like doing something that EVERYONE was doing, so I tried to take the creative path. I bought a brand new notebook and I put pictures of the both of us in it, drawings that I made especially for her to see and pages where I just wrote down memories I have from when we were still happy together and before it all went downhill. On the last pages I wrote a thing where I tell her I will take her somewhere, wherever she wants to go, whether it's a concert, a festival, a weekend somewhere. It doesn't matter, but it's for the both of us and I will pay for it.

When everyone was done felicitating her, I make my way towards her. "Hey." I say quietly. She turns her back to Jose, who she was talking to, and when she sees me, I do know for sure I see a little sparkle in her eyes. "Hey, Alexis." She says, the way she says my name is the same way she did on the night of our first kiss on the three day, it drives me crazy. "Happy birthday." I tell her, giving her a genuine smile, she returns the smile and take the present I hold infront of her. She's about to open the present, when I stop her. "Open it when you're alone." I tell her, putting my hand on hers, causing fireworks going off inside me. I can see she feels the same. "So, uh, how are you doing?" I ask her, she just shrugs a little. "Mia is guiding me through revalidation really good. She makes sure I don't loose hope in it." She respons. "That's good, I heard from Finneas that you can walk with support." I tell her, on which she nods. "Yeah, it's hard and takes a lot of effort, but it's worth it, I need to be able to walk again." She says. "It's good that you still feel so motivated for it." I tell her. She just nods and with that there comes an awkward silence.