34.

Billie's POV
My vision is too blurry for this, I knew driving is a bad idea in the state I'm in. My mind starts to wander off, I can't concentrate on the road.

Alexis and I are over and done? Like forreal?

Tears starts rolling down my cheeks again, making my vision only worse.

Suddenly everything goes fast. I see white headlights, blinding my eyes, I don't see anything else. I feel my head hit something hard, before I feel like I'm swung through the window. At least that's what it feels like.

Then.

Nothing.

Alexis' POV
I'm still at the party, but I locked myself in the bedroom, not letting anyone in.

My phone starts ringing, thinking it's Billie, I'm about to decline, but I see Finneas his name pop up.

Why is Finneas calling?

I press the green button, holding the phone to my ear.

His voice sounds shaky, it sounds like he's been crying. "Alex, it's Billie, she got hit, come to the hospital." He says.

Wait, what?

Billie got hit? She's at a party?

She's got hit by what? Did she get in a fight?

I don't hesitate and get out of the building, calling a cab, not even wasting time by finding Richard or Archie.

Once the cab is there, I get in.

"You look like a total wreck." The woman behind the steering wheel says.

"Get to the hospital, right now." I demand her. She doesn't say anything else when she realizes I'm not in the mood for talking. She drives fast, way too fast I think, but I don't care.

After about 20 minutes we arrive. I hurry over to the front desk.

"Billie, Billie Eilish." I say, out of breath. "What room?" I add. An old woman behind the desk looks at me from over her glasses. "Who are you young lady?" She asks. "I'm her girlfr- I mean ex girlfriend. I need to see her now." I tell her. "We can't let anyone in that's not blood related." She says. That's when I receive a message of Finneas.

Finneas: 354

I smile sweetly at the woman, before heading off towards the room. Once I arrive, I see Finneas waiting for me outside.

His eyes are bloodshot and his face is stained from crying. He looks like absolute shit and he looks so heartbroken. I rush over to him and hug him tightly, when we both burst out crying again.

"Can I?" I ask, pointing at the door. He nods. I open it carefully and see Patrick and Maggy each sitting at a side of Billie, who was laying in the hospital bed. They both give me a weak smile, before standing up. "We're going to give you some time with her." I don't know what exactly is going on. She obviously didn't got hit by another human.

Her head looks fine, beside that she has a band aid on one side of her head. Her neck is supported by a brace. She has tubes attached to her arm and a monitor giving a visual of her heartbeat. Her arm is wrapped up in a plaster cast. Beside that there isn't anything visual from the outside. Her eyes are closed and she doesn't move.

I sit down on the chair next to her and take her hand in mine. "I'm so so sorry Billie." I whisper, resting my head on the edge of her bed. I just sit there, crying for what feels like hours, when the door opens.

I get up when I see it's a doctor followed by Finneas, Maggy and Patrick.

"Okay, so I have good and bad news." The doctor says. "The bad news is, she's in a coma, we can't predict when she'll get up. We also can't see on scans how bad the damage will be. She could heal completely fine, or end up in a wheel chair for the rest of her life." The doctor says in a neutral tone, he probably is trained in telling people stuff like this. "The good news is that she's stable, it's waiting, but she's stable and she will wake up." He tells us. We nod. "How bad are the injuries?" I ask. "She has a broken arm, like you can tell, we had to stitch up a pretty bad wound on her forehead, but it will heal eventually to the point where a scar will be barely noticeable. Her neck is just getting support from the brace for now, it can be taken off in a couple of days. She also has pretty bad bruised ribs, but that also will heal perfectly fine." He tells me, before leaving the room.