46.

Alexis' POV

"Yes good, alright, let's now do the final song!" I say excitedly, when I finally got around with playing 'Idontwannabeyouanymore'.

We've woken up early today and spent the whole morning practicing with the guitar, because it's the day we're meeting up with miss Jacobs today and also, because today is the last day of Billie her week. If I can't play all the songs yet today, Finneas will start teaching to me tomorrow and Billie will have lost the competition.

When I talk about doing the last song, which is 'When the party's over', Billie starts fiddling with one of her rings, one of her habits when she's nervous. I know that this song is written about something that makes her upset, but she still hasn't told me what it is about, she promised she would once she was ready to talk about it though. There falls a long silence.

"It's uh- I-" She cuts herself off, shaking her head. "Her name was Chloe." She says quietly, without looking up from her hands. "I met her a couple of weeks before summerbreak, last year and she was my first ever girlfriend." She says. "I loved her so much, Alexis." She says, this time looking up. The tears are rolling down her cheeks this time. Seeing her like this hurts me, and maybe I should feel bad about her telling me how much she loved her ex girlfriend, but I can't feel jealouse or so, seeing her in this much pain is what hurts me the most. I put a hand on hers and rub my thumb over the back of her hand, to try and comfort her. She gives me a small smile.

"There was someone else interested in dating her too, Austin." She says. "As in the Austin I know?" I ask, I couldn't manage to hide the shock in my voice. She nods. "And suddenly, one day in summer break, both of them were gone." She continues the story. "They were gone for 6 days, before I found them, they were on his island." She says. I nod, giving her the time and space to think and continue talking.

"He was fucking gonna kill her, Alex, both of them actually." She says, a new wave of tears rush down her cheeks. "He had a gun and I attacked him, when I was gonna take his gun away, I accidently pulled the trigger." She says, shaking her head. "This haunts me every day, every night, just every minute since it happend, please don't feel different about me." She says. "I won't." I reassure her. "I killed her, I understand if you break up with me now." She says, looking down again. "I'm not breaking up with you, it was an accident." I attempt to comfort her, but I honestly don't know what to say. This is fucked up.

"He threw her body in the sea." She whispers. "Wait, so nobody knows about this?" I ask her, on which she shakes her head. "Austin didn't want to tell anybody, only Fin, Claudia and you now know about it." She says. Her tears keep rolling down. I pull her closer to me and wrap her in a hug.

"It's okay." I whisper, rubbing her back comfortingly.

We just sit there for about 15 minutes, before she speaks up again. "We should start the last song."

"Are you sure? I mean, we can always replace it with another song." I tell her, on which she shakes her head. "I put it on the album to remember her, to show her I still think about her." She says. I nod understandingly.

So with that she picks up the guitar. "It goes like this." She says and plays the song on her guitar. I try to memorize every way her fingers move over the strings. "Now you." She says. She hands me the guitar and sits down behind me, placing her hands over mine and guiding my fingers over the strings.

——————————

We had Billie's last therapy session yesterday and she officially is free from the crutches and she's allowed to drive again too, so it's Billie who drives to school, for our meeting with miss Jacobs.