Jamais Vu

I have a few hours to prepare for my date with Jin, yet I can't stop thinking about Jimin. I'm lowkey embarrassed that I secretly wish I could've had the courage to press my lips to his. But this is a completely different country, and while kissing on the first date is totally acceptable in the US, I can't be sure it's ok here. Yes, our arrangement is unconventional and we've skipped about 20 steps with my moving in, but I would still like my relationships with the boys to progress somewhat organically.

Jin texted me that earlier informing me that we'd be having dinner. I should have asked if it was formal or casual, so I'm pretty much stuck guessing on a date-appropriate dress. After settling on black and simple, yet chic, I take another shower to wash the meerkat and food scents out of my hair and skin and start getting ready. I really must be anxious because I completely overestimate my beauty routine and am ready in no time with an hour to spare.

I decide to check out social media, telling myself it's just to catch up with the rest of the world. But honestly, I want to look up BTS's twitter.

Oh. My. God.

I'm absolutely floored at their follower count and how passionate and supportive their fans are. They truly love the boys with their whole hearts. It's overwhelming yet endearing. How could I ever compete with that level of reverence and adoration?

I'm pleasantly surprised to find that Jimin has posted something recently. Actually, it's just from a little while ago, right after he dropped me off, it seems. He isn't saying anything in the 15-second video; it's just him in the backseat of the SUV looking into the camera with a sweet smile, tilting his head, lifting his brows seductively. Oh, I'm sure his fans loved that and judging by the 1 million+ views, I'm not wrong. The caption is in Korean, so I hit translate. I'm not sure if it conveys exactly what he intended, but it reads: So happy today because of you. #JIMIN

You?

He has to mean his fans, who I learn are called ARMY, right?

This was just minutes after he left me. Hell, his cheeks are still flush from when I kissed him. Could this actually be a message for...me?

No. That's insane. Girls and guys throw themselves at him just for breathing. A little peck on the cheek after a sweet date wouldn't prompt him to post his heart on social media for all to see.

Right?

I put it at the back of my mind and mindlessly scroll through all the pics, videos and posts. I want to hit Like but I'm afraid it would go against the rules. I'm not supposed to reveal any connection to them, even as a random fan. But considering they have millions upon millions of followers, how would anyone know?

By the time Jin arrives to pick me up for our date, I've managed to change my outfit, redo my hair, and apply a bolder lip color, just to give my brain a reprieve from thinking about Jimin

By the time Jin arrives to pick me up for our date, I've managed to change my outfit, redo my hair, and apply a bolder lip color, just to give my brain a reprieve from thinking about Jimin. I want to devote my evening to Jin and it's not fair of me to think about another man during our limited time together. That proves to be easier than I initially expected when I see him, dressed in slacks, a button-up shirt, and his purple hair perfectly styled. His bee-stung lips are dark pink against his creamy, smooth skin and his eyes sparkle in the dimming light.