2! 3!

As promised, I take a seat out in the studio audience just before the BTS segment. Fans have been here for hours, the excitement so thick that it's nearly palpable. The seat reserved for me is smack dab in the middle, giving me a clear view of the stage.

"Oh my God! I can't believe this day is finally here!" a young woman exclaims beside me. She's wearing a BT21 tee with a matching headband. Even her clear bag is adorned with various BTS pins and buttons. She turns to me and smiles. "Who's your bias?"

"Oh, uh, I love all of them," I reply sincerely. "They're all amazing. I can't pick just one."

She nods then digs into her bag to reveal a little goodie bag no bigger than my palm. "Here. OT7!"

I take the baggie from her reluctantly, unsure of what just happened. I don't even know her yet she gave me a gift? And from the looks of it, she must've put a lot of thought into it, including homemade stickers of the guys and even a sweet, handwritten note with one of Joon's quotes from their UN speech. It's all so...nice. I didn't know people could be so kind for no reason at all other than spreading joy.

I glance up at my seat neighbor and give her a genuine smile. "Thank you. This is...wow."

"You're welcome! Borahae!" she beams, flashing me a finger heart. Then she turns to the row behind us, asking people who their biases are so she can bless them with a custom goodie bag.

I'm flipping through the various stickers, deciding which one will adorn my hand and which ones I want to save to stick on my phone case, when a producer announces that we're about to start. They go over the rules one last time, reminding us to cheer, scream and clap. Then James comes out to start the segment.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love James Corden. But he could've been Her Majesty the Queen, and I would not have blinked an eye. Because the moment the guys are announced and they come out onto the stage, dancing and swaying to the house band's rendition of their newest hit, I can't see or hear anything but them. And judging by the wild cheers, my new ARMY friends are right there with me.

The guys all greet James before taking their seats and, my god, they look amazing. They've changed their outfits and hair and even their makeup from Carpool Karaoke, taking on a much sexier, much more adult vibe for this part of the show.

After introductions, which are always adorable, James launches into the interview. And I hold my breath, bracing for the inevitable.

"So guys, tell us about the new album and the inspiration behind it."

Namjoon answers, paralleling their growth musically to their physical growth and wanting their audience to experience the ups and downs of young adulthood with them. Excellent answer, as always, and the audience cheers on our poised leader.

"Compared to your previous albums, there's definitely a more mature sound, especially with the title track. Some fans and critics have argued that you're singing about romantic love while others have said that it's about self-love. Can you tell us more about that?"

"Uh, well..." Namjoon smiles bashfully and the entire audience swoons. He extends his hands to the crowd and proudly states. "Well, we have so much love right here, of course, we can't help but sing about it."

I giggle and shake my head. He is a master swerver.

The interview goes off with a hitch. The guys animatedly describe their favorite things to do and eat in LA. Hobi dances, Jin blows kisses, and Jungkook causes mass devastation when he speaks English. And, as expected, the audience eats up every word and charming smile.

 And, as expected, the audience eats up every word and charming smile