Crystal Snow

For the rest of the week leading up to the music show, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hate being pessimistic but I can't help it. I just knew something would come up that would throw a wrench in our plans but there's...nothing.

Quite opposite, actually. We're informed that authorities have tracked down Mimi as she was trying to flee the country. Also, international law enforcement has located and arrested both Tyler and Jasmine. As I suspected, it seems as if Jasmine was not in on the release of the video, considering she couldn't risk being implicated. However, she shared it with Tyler who then passed it on to Mimi after she contacted him. All three are facing serious felony charges, and while I'm glad, there's something in my spirit that is still unsettled. Something that I need to get off my chest just so I know I'm doing the right thing—for me and for them.

"Hey, Yoongs?" I knock on his door just as he's getting ready for bed. "Can I talk to you?"

It's late and I know he's exhausted, but he nods without hesitation, waving me in. Then he pulls down the comforter on the side of the bed furthest from the door, a silent invitation to join him.

"What's on your mind, Vi?" he asks once we've settled under the covers. We face each other yet six inches of space exists between us.

"I know you heard about the argument Joon and I had."

He nods. "Yeah."

"Do you know what it was about?"

He nods again. "You don't want to press charges on that..." His voice trails off. My assault is still extremely hard for him to talk about.

"Yeah. And I understand why he wants me to and part of me knows it's the right thing. Like, what if he does this to someone else? What if he already has? But...I'm scared, you know? I've already had to relive it out in public for all to see and judge. To have to go through that in court? When I know he'll most likely walk? It terrifies me. Then there are you guys..."

"What about us?"

"I don't want to drag you all into it, and the defense will for sure. They'll bring up our relationship. They'll grill me on every intimate encounter I've ever had with each of you. They won't hesitate to humiliate and demean you guys in order to make me look like a lying whore. I can't do that."

"Don't think about us," he deadpans.

I frown. "How can I not?"

"Vi...how you feel is all that matters. What you want is the only thing I care about. If you don't want to press charges, then I'll support you. But don't let the reason be that you want to protect us. We should be protecting you."

"I know, and I hear what you're saying. But I'll never forgive myself if something I do ruins your reputations or tarnishes your careers. I will never be the reason you can't do what you love."

"And you won't be. I'll always get to make music, no matter what. If fans want to leave us because we found someone we love and want to spend the rest of our lives with, then we'll have to deal with it. But I'll always be me, even if no one comes to our concerts or buys our albums."

I blink. "What did you say?"

"I said, even if no one comes to our—"

"No, before that."

Yoongi frowns with confusion. "About the fans leaving us?"

I shake my head. "You said...you said you want to spend your life with me?"

Yoongi goes completely still as if he's trying to recall his words from just moments ago, and I have to wonder if I misheard. But then he cracks an unexpected gummy smile that makes my heart stutter in my chest.