Boyz With Fun

The guys have a rare day off from promotions so what better way to commemorate the day than with a pool party, complete with lots of meat, plenty of booze, and of course, music. We've even insisted that the hardworking managers join the festivities, and they're all too happy to sit out in the sun and laugh endearingly at the younger men's antics. And I'm only too happy to give my boys a little peace and a sense of normalcy from their hectic schedule.

"Smile!" I call out, gesturing for them to get closer to all fit in the frame.

I've taken a cue from Jimin and gotten a Polaroid camera. And over the last few days, I've tried to sneak in pics of the guys here and there. And with them all together wearing sunglasses and smiles as bright and brilliant as the sun, I can't pass up the opportunity to capture the moment.

"Your turn, Vi," Joon says, waving me over to get in the shot with them.

"No way. I belong behind the lens; not in front of it. You guys look way too hot to stand next to."

And they do. They always do, honestly. However, today they're dressed casually in swim shorts. And while most of them wear tanks or tees, Jungkook, Jimin, and Joon have opted to go shirtless. And I'm practically drooling at the sight of their smooth skin glowing golden in the California sunlight. I've seen them completely naked several times, yet they still take my breath away. They seriously don't look real.

The boys are insistent and I keep shooting them down until Jigaemae comes over and plucks the camera out of my hands with a knowing smirk. He waves towards the guys, gesturing for me to join them. Traitor.

I stroll over to them, my arms crossed over my chest and my lip poked out in a pout. The boys aren't shy about wedging my body right smack dab in the middle while they tease me by pinching my cheeks and kissing my face, causing me to squeal with laughter. And the whole time, Jigaemae snaps pics, even opting to pull out his own phone to capture the scenes more fluidly once my Polaroid has run out of film. When I look over at him, I find the kind-hearted manager smiling fondly at us. But I can't help but notice that there's a hint of melancholy crinkling around his eyes.

 But I can't help but notice that there's a hint of melancholy crinkling around his eyes

Manager Sejin is manning the grill so Jin can just relax and play around. Since there's a water basketball hoop installed and an even number of us, we decide that a game is definitely in order.

"How are we picking teams?" I ask, wading in the water before attaching myself to Jungkook's back like a koala. He instantly grasps my legs and wraps them around his waist.

Of course, rock-paper-scissors is their go-to, and Hobi and Jin end up as team captains. First round, Hobi chooses Yoongi, their resident baller despite his aversion to water, and Jin picks JK. Second round, Hobi takes Tae and Jin chooses Joonie. That leaves me and Jimin to be picked last—the two shorties. I smile inwardly as Hobi tries to decide. Because not only do I know how to play basketball, I'm actually decent at it. I would have even played in high school if I wasn't trying so desperately to fly under the radar and not be seen.