My Time

I blink my bleary eyes and try to focus on the red numbers displayed on the digital clock. It's barely dawn but I've been awake for hours. I don't even know what woke me in the dead of night. Call it an impulse or instinct. Maybe it was some paranormal phenomena. But in any case, I'm wide awake. And it's for one reason.

Jeon Jungkook.

It's been months. Three to be exact. Bangtan has been silent for three whole months. Someone at the company uploads prerecorded content and retweets stuff on the official BTS Twitter account. But there hasn't been a peep from them. Not even a sighting in 90 days. Even Dispatch had given up on them. And then the silence was shattered. My heart...shattered.

BTS's Jungkook spotted in a nightclub in Gangnam Station! Then seen leaving with two women at 4 a.m.!

Has the Golden Maknae broken it off with Violet? Sources say YES.

I know I have no right to be upset or jealous. I left him. It's good that he's going out and enjoying his life. But I can't help but clutch my chest as a jarring ache slashes through it. Because while I know that the press gets it wrong a lot, there's no way I can deny what's right in front of me.

There are photos. Lots of them from different angles. The ones inside the club are pretty straightforward. He's drinking, laughing with friends I've never seen before. And sure, there are gorgeous women around, several of them itching to slide into VIP and onto his lap. But I don't see any indication that he's into them.

But...

The photos outside tell me otherwise. Those women...they weren't coincidentally in the same place at the same time. It was evident that he knew them, or would know them very soon, namely in the biblical sense. And they...look nothing like me. They're slender, pale, glamorous and Korean. They wear nothing but designer from head to toe and they're extremely chic and polished. They are everything that I am not and everything I will never be. There wasn't any PDA but that's expected. Physical romantic contact is uncommon in Korea, and for him. Except...except for with me.

Jungkook was always very touchy-feely when we were together. He'd touch my hair, play with my hands, leave little pinches on my hip and outer thigh when we were in public. He just wanted me to know he was there—that he would always be there. And I never appreciated it as I should have. All the guys were sweet and complimentary. Even Yoongi, although he wasn't particularly affectionate unless we were alone. But when he did initiate kisses and hugs and flirty touches, they meant so much. Because I knew they sincerely came from his big, beautiful heart and I was so incredibly fortunate to be on the receiving end.

I wish that Dispatch's story was the only thing that kept me awake in the dew-slick hours of dawn. There was more about Jungkook that kept my mind racing. He looked...different. Harder. Rougher around the edges yet he was and is still the most adorable man I've ever seen. His dark hair is longer as if he hasn't had it cut since I left. The angles of his face are more defined and it looks like he's been hitting the gym a lot during his break. And then...his right arm.

Jungkook has his right appendage tattooed from his fingers all the way up to his shoulder. I thought they were fake at first or that the lighting was casting shadows. But to accompany the story and end all speculation, the tattoo shop he had frequented uploaded photos to their IG. And I saw exactly what was inked on his skin.

His hand is a tribute to ARMY and his members, and while it honestly looks like he took a Sharpie and drew on himself, it is undoubtedly him. It's playful and whimsical and has a touch of nostalgia. Farther up his arm, there are other random drawings, along with quotes in both Korean and English. And while there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the artwork, I know that Jungkook is telling a story. Everything is artistic and intricately done although shaded in greyscale.