Moving On

Avoiding Yoongi proves to be pretty easy, considering he seems to be utilizing the same tactic and avoiding me. I'm not sure if anyone else knows what went down—or didn't go down—between us but no one mentions my sullen mood or Yoongi's coldness. Plus, rehearsals and preparations for upcoming award shows consume most of the guys' focus and energy, and by the time they get home, they're far too exhausted to care about our awkwardness.

"Gongju, are you ready for bed?" a sleepy Taehyung asks me through a yawn, plopping down next to me on the couch. I set down the magazine I'm mindlessly flipping through and give him a soft smile.

"Not yet, baby. Come." I pat my lap. "Lay your head here and I'll play with your hair until you fall asleep."

"But I want to fall asleep with you in my arms," he pouts, poking out his bottom lip.

Tae's hair is dark and curly right now, already a dangerous combination. Add in a pout and I'm absolutely helpless to his charms. However, I've been having trouble sleeping. I just keep thinking back to that night in my room. The look on Yoongi's face as he gazed down at my naked frame...the way his eyes filled with tears as he turned away... I haven't been able to shake that scene from my memory. And as much as I want to consider his feelings, I can't ignore my own anguish. Being rejected hurt. And it seems like that's a trend for us. I show him I love him and offer myself to him. He acts as if that's what he wants too but then pushes me away. I've never thought of myself as prideful, but at some point, I've got to save myself and face facts: Yoongi doesn't want me.

Being hurt by that realization makes me feel selfish, especially since I have six other men who have made it clear that they always desire me—mind, body, and soul. I need to come to grips with the fact that I'm not special; Yoongi doesn't owe me his heart. He's arguably one of the most beautiful, talented men I've ever encountered. And when it comes down to it, maybe I'm just not good enough for him.

However, that doesn't explain what he said about letting me go. I remember his conversation with Hobi and I know he's worried about my safety. But he even said things were getting better. The fandom has started accepting me as JK's girlfriend after those pictures at the restaurant emerged and even the press has moved on, though not before circulating rumors of a new ship name. I guess ViKook is the new JiKook and VKook, and while initially there was some major pushback, for the most part, ARMY has been supportive. Things have been better than they had been for weeks. So why is he so hellbent on getting rid of me?

I'm so wrapped up in my inner turmoil that I didn't even realize that Taehyung has fallen asleep in my lap until Hoseok approaches, taking up the space on my other side. He kisses my cheek until I turn towards him and give him my lips. He then cradles my cheek, angling my face so that he can kiss me deeper, his tongue demanding entrance. Naturally, I give him what he desires. However, he only kisses me for a few more moments before pulling away.

"What's wrong with my Pretty Violet?" he asks, his voice gentle.

I shake my head. "Nothing's wrong."

Hoseok lifts a disbelieving brow yet doesn't press. "Ok. Will Taehyungie be sleeping in your room tonight?"

I look down at the sleeping boy in my lap. He looks so beautiful, even in slumber. And it would be nice to get some baby bear cuddles.

"I think so. Why? What did you have in mind?"

Hoseok shrugs. "Oh, I was just going to find ways to make you tell me the truth since you just lied to me. Then I was going to punish you. I guess that will have to wait." Then he leaves me with one last peck before climbing off the couch and bidding me goodnight.

Well.

Damn.