Go Go

It takes me a good twenty minutes to wash the sand out of my hair but at least my skin is blessed with a golden glow after our day at the beach. I'm still only wrapped in a robe as I moisturize from head to toe when there's a knock at my door. To my surprise, it's Jigaemae.

"Oh. Hi."

I hide most of my body behind the door, although I'm fully covered. Jigaemae seems a bit flustered as well and all but shoves a gift bag into my hands then turns and strides away swiftly without saying a word. I go to sit on the bed and inspect the simple wrapping. Inside are a small card and an even smaller jewelry box. I pick up the card first.

I wanted to give this to you tonight. I'm sorry. But I hope you wear it and think of me.

-JM

I smile to myself and reread the card. Jimin is absolutely too sweet for his own good. And it's impossible to not think of him every minute of the day.

With eager fingers, I open the box. Then gasp.

It's a Chanel necklace, much like his favorite one that he wears often. However, this one is studded with alternating white and black diamonds. It's absolutely breathtaking and I carefully take it out of the box and put it on. After that, I snap a pic that may very well start a riot and send it to him.

Text to Jimin:

Thank you 💋

Oh my goooooodddddddddddd🤭😱🤤😩😍

I have to laugh at myself. I only just eased the robe off my shoulders and the poor boy is acting like I sent him a nude. At most, he just saw the top of my bare chest and maybe just a peek of cleavage. But Jimin has a way of making me feel so sexy and desired over things that would barely get a brow raise in the US.

The necklace will go perfectly with the daring lace dress Hoseok bought me, so I'm even more stoked that Jiwoo pulled it to have sent to the hotel versus straight to Seoul. The outfit may be a bit much for the party, but if Mimi is right about how upscale and exclusive it is, maybe I'll feel less out of place.

When I go to meet her in the suite, I find my suspicions are spot on.

"Holy..." Mimi's eyes grow twice in size and her mouth is wide open. "You look smokin' hot! Where did you get that dress? That necklace? Oh my God! You are going to turn some heads and break some hearts tonight!"

Luckily, she's too eager to get started on my hair and makeup to really wait for an explanation. She, too, looks amazing in a short champagne-colored dress with lots of sequins and silk and matching platform heels that makes her look like a metallic goddess.

Because Mimi is used to working quickly on idols backstage, she has my hair blow-dried, flat ironed, pinned up and overflowing with curls in no time. Even my smoky eye and nude lip makeup look is flawless. I almost don't even recognize myself, yet I don't look overdone. Her skills are legendary and I see why she's such a valued member of the Big Hit team.