Mikrokosmos

Jungkook gives me instructions to dress warm and comfy which baffles me at first but I don't question him once he informs me that it's a surprise. And with the way his face alights with anticipation causing his two front bunny teeth to press into his bottom lip, I can't help but be enamored by his youthful exuberance.

"Can I get a hint?" I ask as we ride into the night, me in the passenger seat and him at the wheel. He shakes his head.

"Sorry, Noona. But we're almost there."

When we arrive, I immediately realize why the maknae kept his plans under wraps and why he wanted me to dress in layers.

"You brought me to the park," I beam at him, leaning over the middle console to give him a quick kiss. "The park where we watched the sunrise."

It technically was our first date. And later on, after running away to dodge fans, we shared our first kiss.

JK nods. "For a midnight picnic."

"A picnic?" I frown a bit. It's dark as hell out here. And cold too.

Another nod. "Come on. I'll show you."

We exit the sedan and JK takes my hand, leading me into the park and towards a clearing. In the distance, I make out what looks to be the makings of a tree that's adorned with twinkle lights. They're wrapped around its trunk and strings of them hang from branches. As we draw nearer, I realize that there's also a blanket and picnic basket, along with lanterns, plush cushions and more blankets.

"You did all this?" I ask when we stop at the whimsy, secluded scene. This is seriously out of a storybook or a swoony romance movie.

Jungkook nods, leading me to sit atop of a comfy cushion. "Manager hyungs helped. But yes."

"Wow," I gasp, taking it all in. 

I'm amazed, honestly. It's such a beautifully creative gesture, not to mention incredibly sappy and romantic. And so unexpected of the once shy maknae who still makes my heart flutter with his bunny smile and expressive eyes.

As Jungkook slips a couple of hot packs into my jacket pockets and lays a blanket over our legs, I realize that he's truly thought of everything, successfully creating a gorgeous, memorable date for two. He pulls his phone out and taps the touchscreen to play music before gently tossing it onto the blanket beside us. And then, probably without even thinking, he begins to softly sing along, his beautifully melodic voice warming me from the chilly midnight breeze. I simply smile and listen while watching him unpack the picnic basket, and from the looks of it, he's really gone all out. Everything is ordered from a restaurant or store-bought, but it all looks tasty. And it's still hot too.

"Hungry?" he asks organizing the spread of dishes.

I grin. "I could eat. You?"

Jungkook slides the very tip of his tongue over his bottom lip before sparing me a heated glance. "I could always eat, Noona."

"