dimple

"Who else besides me have you talked to?"

Namjoon stands across from me, leaning against the adjacent wall with his arms folded over his broad chest.

I shake my head from my seat on his bed. "No one."

"And you can't tell me what happened?"

Another head shake. "Just a dumb mistake I made when I was young."

"And the pictures...who has seen them?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Everyone."

"Everyone?"

"They..." I swallow thickly. "They were sent to my entire high school."

"Violet..." He grimaces as if he's in pain. He drops his arms and both fists are clenched at his sides. "What happened to you? Did someone hurt you?"

I could tell him. I trust Namjoon. He wouldn't shame me for mistakes I made a decade ago. But he'd look at me differently. He'd treat me as if I was damaged goods...as if I was just a little broken doll. He gets anxiety when I have a fever. If he knew that I had been... No. He can't know. None of them can.

"I...," I begin, my heart pounding in my ears. "I, uh..."

They would know that I lied. They'd know I was a fraud. And Jungkook...he would find out that he wasted himself on me. He could have given his first time to someone who deserved it. To someone who hadn't already been used and discarded. And once that came out, they'd all hate me. They'd be disgusted by my dishonesty and never want to see me again. And everything I was labeled as in high school would be true.

Just a gutter slut trying to fuck her way into money and ruin a promising young man's life.

Seeing my emotions wage war across my features, Namjoon suddenly pushes off the wall and drops to his knees in front of me. He gathers my hands with his large ones and levels his gaze with mine.

"Whatever happened, Violet...you can tell me. I'm here for you. I'll never hurt you, I promise."

I shake my head, my tears falling faster. "I...I can't. I can't lose you."

"And you won't. I'm not going anywhere." He touches his fingertips to my face, brushing away tears. "Talk to me, Violet," he whispers. "Let me in."

I pull away from his touch, feeling unworthy of it, and pace the floor. "Look, I only told you this much because I'm afraid someone might use this information against you. And you don't want to be connected to someone like me. Do you know what people would say? You guys don't deserve that."

Namjoon climbs to his feet, his brow furrowed in concern, yet makes no move to touch me. "I don't care about what people would say. And I'm sure I speak for the rest of the members when I say they wouldn't care either, especially if it means protecting you. Violet, you have to know how we feel about you. If someone has something that could potentially hurt you, I want to know about it so I can stop it from happening."

"There's nothing you can do," I chortle sardonically.

"Oh yeah?" he smirks, a dare in his tone. "Try me."