For You

I don't mention the conversation I overheard between Yoongi and Hoseok to anyone. It's not my business to tell, and confronting them about it just seems wrong. Plus, I could have been totally off base. Maybe I didn't really understand. Maybe I got the words mixed up. Maybe they meant something entirely different than what I initially thought. But even as I try to reason with myself, I know they're right. We're all going to have to let go. This situation isn't sustainable...at least not like this. And I can't risk all my truths tumbling out and damaging their reputations. I'd be setting them up for attacks that they'd never see coming.

So I have to tell them. I have to tell them the truth about me before they learn it from somebody else.

Soon.

Eventually.

The guys are back at work, putting in long hours at the studio and in dance rehearsals to prepare for upcoming end-of-the-year performances. They've informed me that the next two months will be absolutely insane but not as bad as comeback season. I don't mind. Actually, it's been difficult trying to pretend I'm alright when they're around. I've had to have Big Hit scrub the internet of all traces of personal information. Numerous fans have already contacted the elementary school I taught at. And to make matters worse, the gossip rags have found my ex, Tyler, and he had loads to share about me. Now the mob can add crazy bitch, frigid, and cock tease to the list of all the reasons why I'm not good enough for Jungkook.

Of course, Tyler was just looking for a come-up and used the opportunity to promote his music. He even had the audacity to say that he and BTS had plans to collaborate in the future. I'd be truly pissed if he weren't so desperately pathetic.

Over the last week, as more rumors surfaced, the guys tried extra hard to keep me occupied, especially when they weren't home. We spent our evenings snuggling up on the couch watching movies. We cooked together and ate all our favorite foods. And at night, at least one of them always occupied my bed, taking extra care to ensure I was thoroughly cherished and loved, even if only to distract me.

Everyone except for Yoongi. And now I understand why. He knew that this was just temporary and I guess he didn't want to waste his time or grow too attached. And I don't blame him for realizing that. Hell, I wish I'd remembered that before I let myself fall too deep. Yoongi is smart. He's the only one who saw this for what it is: a means to an end.

I wake up to several unread text messages from the guys, meaning there must be a new, ridiculous story. I know I should check the texts first but curiosity gets the best of me and I go on twitter. Some bogus Buzzfeed article is circulating, titled 5 Fast Facts about Violet: the Girl Who Conquered the Golden Maknae, and I instantly roll my eyes. On stan twt, fans are trying to pinpoint the day and even the time Jungkook lost his virginity, claiming they could see a change in him. It's all laughable, but also quite scary. Why do they care when he fucked for the first time? Were they there? Were they waiting in the wind with lube and refreshments?

After logging off social media, I check my text messages and instantly smile. The only thing better than messages first thing in the morning is picture messages first thing in the morning. And I swear, it's like they know exactly what I need, even before I do.

Joonie: Good morning!