5•Lunch

Pregnancy week: 5

"Baby, hurry." Robert groaned, tapping his foot on the solid, wooden flooring.

Kimberly was feeling rather little today, something she hadn't felt a lot lately due to all the stress she was undergoing, but due to Robert's overly protective means of doing things and how sheltered he had been keeping Kim, she felt careless. "I know, I'm sorry, I'm coming."

The two had decided to head out for some lunch, something they both hadn't done together in a while due to their busy schedules. "I have your purse down here, stop looking." Robert chuckled, already knowing what was taking Kimberly so long.

Kimberly soon came jogging down the stairs with a large grin on her face. She was wearing a mustard yellow sweatshirt with black denim shorts, an outfit combination which made her small figure look even more adorable. She matched the outfit with yellow converse and her hair in a high pony. Robert hadn't had the pleasure of seeing Kimberly dressed in more of a simpler outfit that she usually wore when she was little due to the smart clothing that was mandatory in the workplace. "Done, daddy." Kimberly spoke in a cute voice.

"Hmm, are we ready, princess?" Robert hummed. He adored Kimberly in her little state and wished he could see it more, but due to the life they lived, he knew she couldn't show it much, therefore Robert didn't mind Kimberly being little in public, let people think what they wanted to, she was his baby girl and she could do what she wanted.

"Yep." Kimberly popped the 'p' with a grin still prominent on her face. She latched hands with Robert and he smiled down at her, after placing a kiss on her forehead.

Luckily, it was actually rather warm out, even though it was rare for it to be warm any time after September, it was. The traditional European weather meaning that nobody could ever depend on the seasons. "Where would you like to go for lunch, gorgeous?"

Kimberly took a moment to think, tapping her feet against the floor boards as she did. "Can we go to the new cafe that opened up in town, I think it's called Linda's caff?"

Robert smiled and swung the attached hands back and forth slightly as he headed toward the door, making sure to grab the key. "Of course we can." He smiled as he opened the door, both stepping out, but before Robert fully closed the door he shouted back in to the dog. "Be good cinnamon." Making Kimberly giggle.

The company car that Milo drove around everywhere — meant to pick up Robert and anyone else he's instructed to — was parked up in the long driveway to the Mitchell's home. The car not only held Milo but also held Scott who had already left the house and decided waited in the car for the two. Scott coming along was felt necessary by plenty of people such as Cole and Savannah, but especially Robert due to Kimberly being in danger due to her murdering Robert's rival a few weeks prior.

It was obvious that Eli's people were going to come for Robert and his wife, it was the inevitable, but Robert could bet money on who he believed it was going to be. Lorenzo. Lorenzo was Eli's brother and after hearing the outrage that Kimberly brutally murdered his brother, naturally he would want to kill the woman who had his brother's blood on her hands.

Of course Robert wouldn't ever let such a thing happen, nobody would ever harm Kimberly. Nobody except Eli. Eli was smart and knew exactly what got to Robert. Well, maybe it didn't take someone with an IQ larger than the average, Robert was always very affectionate to Kimberly and he didn't ever plan on stopping, but in that moment he hated that his own wife was being used against him.

He wished that he had better security, he wished he had underestimated the security Cole was in charge of. If he had underestimated him and actually made sure Elijah Black was outside of Kimberly's office door with the instruction that if anyone was to hurt Kimberly he was to shoot, even if it meant himself getting injured. Then maybe, just maybe, Robert wouldn't have a scar on his side and Kimberly, one very faint line across her neck.