29•Mother

Pregnancy week:38

"You know, though I feel like the pig from that 'pig goes pop' game,  I actually feel quite okay today. The morning sickness hasn't been too bad, mind you that could just be my regular sickness now." Kimberly shrugged.

Robert looked over at his wife with an amused look on his face. "Is that right?" He laughed. "You defiantly Don't look like a pig, that's for sure."

"I feel like one in this heat, who ever thought it was a good idea to get pregnant throughout summer?" She fanned herself down with her hand.

The two were in the kitchen, Robert cooking and Kimberly telling him how to do it. "I'll take the blame for that." Robert laughed. "Do I cut these again?" He questioned, stepping aside for Kimberly to see the size of the red pepper.

"Cut them in half. Also, I was thinking, once this baby finally gets out of me, I think we should all go on Holiday." Kim spoke.

"With a newborn?" Robert cocked up his brow.

"Well no, when he's around two." She shrugged.

"So in two years, not when he's born then." Robert laughed.

Kimberly shrugged once again. "Yeah, same thing." She then laughed, standing from her seat to check the food. "Just wait for those to soften a bit then add it all." She smiled.

"I haven't made dinner in a while, it's quite nice." Robert smiled, pleased with himself as he cooked up garlic, onion, red pepper and chicken in a pan.

"You've always been welcome to help me." Kimberly spoke, taking a piece of the cooked broccoli.

"No I haven't." Robert laughed, turning to look at his pregnant wife. "You'd continue to slap my hands away."

"Okay then, it depends what I'm cooking." Kimberly laughed and took the pan from Robert, moving its contents into a large bowl of couscous.

"You just did it there."

"I didn't slap your hands away! I simply took the pan and did it for you, saving you the effort." Kimberly stuck her tongue out at her husband.

"Same thing. You never let me cook." Robert laughed.

"Okay, fine. Mix this." Kimberly gave a smug look, handing Robert a wooden spoon.

"It'd be a pleasure." Robert counteracted Kimberly's smug look with one of his own.

Once Robert was finished mixing up the couscous the couple sat at the table and bang eating while scrolling through their phones and chatting about anything and everything.

Kimberly was the first to finish hers and dropped the dish in the sink to be cleaned later that day. "I'm gonna go change into pyjamas." Kimberly's voice sounded throughout the kitchen.

Robert looked up from his phone and took his last bite before copying Kimberly's actions of dropping the white bowl in the sink and following her out of the kitchen and down the hall towards the staircase. "Me too."

Kimberly was in front of Robert while walking up the staircase but stopped half way. "Oh," she breathed.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Robert questioned, placing a hand on Kimberly's back.