39•Accusations

"Fuck that! Fuck no! He didn't do that, he wouldn't!" Katie shouted, feeling herself become flustered and scared.

"Katie, please, my son is trying to sleep." Robert sighed as he hugged his wife closer.

"No! You're accusing my best friend of shit he didn't do!" She continued to yell, standing from her seat.

Robert sighed in frustration and kissed the top of his wife's head, setting her down on a chair. He turned to face Katie, anger evident in his face. "Look Katie! I know what I saw and he even admitted it himself! He fucking touched her and god knows what he would have done if I didn't enter the room!"

Cole stood from his seat, his god child in his arms. He began making his way out of the room but before he did, he walked to Kimberly and placed a hand on her back and signalled for her to follow after him, which she did. "Get it through your thick fucking skull that shit happens! Just because you don't like me, that doesn't give you a reason to say that I'm falsely accusing Parker for touching my wife inappropriately!" Robert continued to yell, stepping closer to Katie.

"You probably fucking are! You were scared that Kimberly would want to be back with us! You're a jealous, old man who only uses Kimberly for your sexual desires!" Katie continued to yell.

"Are you fucking listening to yourself?! You've always hated me because I was older! Because you thought I was a fucking creep who was after your best friend! I'm not Katie! If that's what I was I wouldn't be still with her now and it wouldn't be killing me to be having this argument right now! I love her with my whole life and I thought you did too, as Kimberly best and longest friend you should be in her side right now! Her best friend! The person she looked to as her brother! He had been there longer than you had been Katie! They knew each other from the moment they were born and he goes and fucking touched her! Now fucking get on her side because she need you right now! Her fucking best friend! Like me or not, I don't give a shit, but she needs you right now because she loves you so fucking shape up! She's just found out the her best friend has touched her and maybe even attempted to rape her and you're not even on her side!"

"You fucking what?" A gruff voice was heard at the doorway.

Roberts head shot around faster than lightning to face the figure, Katie's hands rushed up to cover her mouth and Kimberly's sock clad feet slid along the expensive flooring and into the living room. "Dad." Kimberly breathed, hands covering her mouth in shock and fear. Though Dale can seem like a lovable guy at times, he had always scared Kimberly. Dale never scared Kimberly per-say, he would threaten people and where they would think he was bluffing, Kimberly knew full well that he wasn't. That's what scared her.

"I said, you fucking what?!" His voice was heard again. "Robert, who were you talking about, I swear-"

"Dad, please don't." Kimberly breathed, hands still covering her mouth. By now Cole has taken a separate staircase and left Jenkin with Kimberly's grandparents. He had now returned on hearing Kimberly's father's voice, taking a step behind the woman and resting his hands on her shoulders in attempts to calm her while Robert was still at the other side of the room, too worried of even moving, not wanting to set Dale off even more and scaring Kimberly.

"Don't? Don't what Kimberly?! I'm just fucking standing here while I wait for your husband to repeat what ever the fuck he just said!" Dale continued to yell, his face going red in anger.

"Da-"

"Tell me, Robert." Dale's voice changed to alarmingly calm.

"After last night, I was going upstairs to check on Kimberly as Katie had said Parker had taken her to bed. She was quite drunk." Robert started, taking a deep breath — also knowing what Dale is capable of. Dale didn't scare Robert but he knew Kimberly was scared by her father's outbursts.