52•Mason

"Kimberly!" A manly voice sounded through the house. It was Elijah.

"Hi, Li." Kimberly spoke with a small smile that the man couldn't see. Kimberly decided to busy herself with some cooking for everyone who was staying with her for the two weeks while Robert would be gone. Savannah and Elijah were staying in separate guest bedrooms along with Mason who was Jenkin's personal bodyguard that Kimberly was yet to meet. She couldn't quite believe Robert would do such a thing but apparently both Elijah and Cole recommended him meaning he must be very good at his job. God knows it has taken two years for them to find a body guard for their son.

"Kimberly, this is Mason Andrews." Elijah smiled at Kimberly who still had her back to everyone due to her cooking.

She turned around and was quite shocked to see a woman standing in a place suit and hair in a bun. Not that Kimberly believed that women couldn't be bodyguards, it's just that with the name Mason she just naturally presumed that it was a man. She presumed wrong.

"Hello Mrs. Mitchell." She stepped forward to shake Kimberly's hand.

"Hi Mason, lovely to finally meet you." Kimberly smiled brightly. "I'm making lasagne for dinner, I hope that's okay?"

"Trust me, she'll eat anything." Elijah laughed.

Mason shook her head with a small smile. Kimberly copies her smile and pointed at Elijah with her head. "Punch him." She laughed.

Mason looked a little shocked but also laughed. "Is this an initiation thing. if I hit the dork I get fired?" She joked. I already like her. Kimberly thought.

"It's either you do it or me."

"Then I'll gladly take the shot." Mason laughed and punched Elijah's arm.

Elijah didn't think Mason would actually hit him in front of the main boss. Or at least one of them. "I can still fire you." He teased.

"Umm, no you can't." Kimberly smirked as she went back to layering the lasagne.

"What? But I'm her boss." Elijah gave a genuinely shocked look. Mason left to the living room, Kimberly presumed she was just taking a look around the house which was excepted considering she was now a main body guard.

"Semi correct." Kim shrugged. "You're the head of all the body guards. You're the highest body guard out of the now five body guards, but you can't fire Scott, can you?"

"No, but I trained Mason up." Elijah furrowed his brows.

"That doesn't matter. You trained Sav's body guard, and Cole's but you can't fire them, only me and Robert can, and Cole can fire his own as he is your boss." Kimberly explained as she pushed the tray in the oven.

"Does that mean Cole can fire me?" Elijah asked.

"Umm, he could fire his or Santiago's bodyguards, even Mason, but you and Scott are like family and this business is bent enough as it is so me and Robert get a day about our bodyguards." She shrugged.

"Well that's good, gorgeous because you're not firing me." Elijah head-locked Kimberly in a joking manner making her laugh.

"Alright just go away." She waved him off and he chuckled, leaving her alone to go rest in the living room with savannah.

There were other guards surrounding the house — Robert wasn't taking no risks — as well as Elijah and mason within. Robert needed to feel as if his wife and son were protected while he was away so him and Cole individually picked out their best guards and set them up outside of the Mitchell's house.

Kimberly went in to try to finish off cooking the rest of the dinner for the people in her house by cooking multiple dishes in the oven.

Due to Kimberly's love of cooking there were four ovens in their kitchen. Kimberly was currently using one for garlic bread, one for a large lasagne and another for keeping a previously cooked lasagne warm which she cooked for the guards that were outside.

She felt guilty for leaving them outside with no food like Robert instructed. Robert wanted his guards fully alert and their full attention in keeping his family safe. It's not like the guards would be awake for twenty-four hours without food, of course there were shift changes, but Kimberly still felt awful.

She pulled the previously cooked lasagne out of the oven and cut it into equal slices for each guard. She placed it into a bowl large enough to fit the slice and a little side. She added some garlic bread to the bowl and grabbed some cutlery.

"Do you need any help?" Mason's cheerful voice sounded.

"Umm, no, I should be fine thank-"

"Mason! Look!" Jenkin came running into the kitchen. "Papa bought be this on my birthday. It flies with no remote." He grinned, clearly getting along with his body guard.

Thank goodness. Kimberly breathed.

"Yes, That is very good Jenkin. But let's help your mother right now, shall we? Then you can show me how it works after dinner." Mason winked at Kimberly as she handed a bowl to her new boss that was twenty years younger than her.

"Okay." He smiled. "Where to Mumma?"

"Out to the guards, love." She smiled and handed mason two bowls before placing the last few on a tray and carrying them out along with all the cutlery.

"Evening boys." God I sounded like my mother. Kimberly stopped in her tracks, shook her head and then continued to talk. "I made lasagne for dinner and I thought I'd dish you out some. Don't tell Robert." She smiled at them and began handing out the food.

Jenkin picked out his favourite guard from them all — that so happened to be the one that once played catch with him while he was waiting for his father to finish speaking business with George Cross — and handed him the bowl with the food. Once they had finished the three headed back into the kitchen.

"Can I show you my plane now, Mason?" Jenkin questioned.

"Well, you haven't eaten dinner yet like I said. And I'm pretty sure your mother could use help with the table. Yes?" Mason raised a brow with a small smile.

"Okay. Can I have forks please, Mumma?" Jenkin outstretched his hands for his mother to give him the cutlery for him to go and place them out as best as he could.

Kimberly handed over the cutlery and Jenkin left the room and entered the dining room. "You aren't his nanny, you know that right? You don't need to entertain him as much as you already are." Kimberly laughed.

"I know, I really do love kids though, I find they can be fascinating." She smiled and took a seat at the island where Kimberly began to fold napkins. Mason took the pile, "just focus on the food, I'll do these." She smiled.

"Are you okay with protecting a child and not an adult. You don't feel mocked do you?" Kimberly spoke, she hoped that wasn't how she felt.

"Of course not. I got told that I was going to be guarding 'Mr. Mitchell' so you can imagine my worry. I thought I was going to be the one to guard the main man. I'd prefer to be looking after Jenkin, I feel as if I get along well with kids and I think I'd be rather intimidated to guard Robert." She laughed nervously.

"My husband is nothing but a cuddly bear. I don't understand how people can see him as anything but that." Kim shook her head and laughed.

"To us guards he's terrifying. He's a very strong and powerful man who knows how to handle himself, so when I thought I had to guard him, I thought I was screwed because being his guard means you must be stronger and more capable than him, and he's kinda tough to beat." Mason still spoke nervously. She was scared of saying anything to offend Kimberly.

"Well I guess I understand that. Anyway, let's eat. I'm starving." Kimberley smiled and carried he food into the dining room ready for a family meal, minus Robert, Cole and Scott, but this time with a new member — Mason.

Word count:1373