15•Revalation

Pregnancy week:9

"I would like to leave this city! This old town don't smell too pretty!" The whole family sang. They sat in a circle on the fake grass, singing away to the song that they had for years, just outside the garage of their back garden.

"I'm still scratching a round in the same old home. My body feels young but my mind is very old." Bernadette was leaning up again Dani, Chris and Caleb were passing a blunt between them — per usual. Dale, Pam and his kids were all huddled up together. Lisa was leaning up against mark, smoking a fag. Rhys was sitting as his lonely self, indulging in the music and the mixed fruits bulmers that sat before him. And Kimberly was siting in Roberts lap — practically straddling him in the most innocent way possible — with her arms wrapped around his neck And her face buried in his chest, feeling rather tired.

She looked up to Robert who was smiling down at her, keeping her face close, lips practically brushing against his. "So what do you say? You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway. You're half the world away." Kimberley sang quietly making Robert smile even more.

"I used to hear this and think of you. No mater how much I hoped, I always presumed we wouldn't work and we wouldn't be in each other's lives for much longer. Lucky me." She smiles and pecked Roberts lips.

"Lucky me." Robert echoed.

Every one around the couple, including the couple themselves then clapped twice to the clapping sound on the song.

"And when I leave this planet, you know I'd stay but I just can't stand it." They all continued to sing, especially Kimberly. She connected to the song on another Level to the rest of the family. From a young age she felt as if she wanted to get away and leave everything behind. This was the song that she connected to and felt the Exact same about. She felt as if this sing was exactly how to describe her views on leaving. She felt there was nothing for her to stay in Wales for. So she did indeed leave.

"I've been lost, I've been found but I don't feel down." And they clapped once again.

Roberts arms were wrapped around Kimberly's waist, holding her in close. Surprisingly, none of the family made a comment about it as they usually would.

"Maybe if we didn't play that song so much Kimberly wouldn't have left." Mark comments.

She turns to look at her grandfather with a sympathetic smile. "I had to leave. It was better that I left, who knows what would have happened otherwise."

"I know." He nods. He didn't want to admit it but the whole family had spoken about it before the married couple had come back to Wales. The family had all held a small grudge against Robert as he took Kimberly away from them but they didn't want to admit that it was actually for the best.

One day mark had called everyone around and they all came to the conclusion that they shouldn't keep up their tendencies of snide comments and remarks toward Robert. The family had learned to admit that if Robert didn't welcome Kimberly with open arms and convince her to move away, then she would most likely be in a mental hospital or dead. God knows either one was coming soon. But thanks to Robert neither of those happened and the whole family was forever grateful.

"Why aren't you drinking, Kim?" Bernadette questioned suddenly.

"Don't feel like it." She shrugged her shoulders, leaning further into Robert.

"Mhmm." She hums. "You've been off and you've only been back a day." Bernadette raised her right eyebrow and took another sip of her drink.