33•Family

"Awh, isn't He handsome." Daryl cooed. Robert's family — that being his parents and Caiden — had all gathered at the Mitchell household to welcome the new baby into the world. The baby was almost two weeks old and the only people had seen him so far were Kimberly, Robert, Karen and now Robert's older brother and father.

"His hands are tiny." Daryl spoke, he turned his head to look at Robert for a moment. "He looks like you, when you were a baby."

"He'll probably end up looking like Kimberly." Robert shook his head and took a seat on the couch.

Just then Kimberly appears back from upstairs where she was getting dressed ready for the day that was coming. "I heard my name." She spoke as she reached the bottom step of the staircase.

"I was saying Jenkin will look like you." Robert spoke, keeping his voice quiet so he didn't scare his son.

"Probably." She nodded, looking at her phone. Kimberly's body language read nervousness and worry and Robert knew exactly why. "What time's the plane getting in?" She looked to Robert with worry filled eyes.

"Any moment now, sweetheart. They should be here in around an hour, please calm down." Robert spoke, stood from his seat and looking his wife in the eyes.

"I can't help it." She mumbled and dragged Robert into the dining room, away from his family. "Your family has never really met my family, only in the wedding and even then they were all drunk. Now, my whole family are coming here — which is a stupid idea might I add — and they're all sober. I can't cope." She rambled.

"Hey, hey. Now, don't worry, your father is tidy-"

"No. He looks like a classic drug dealer." Kimberly interrupted Robert.

"Got an issue with drug dealers?" Robert chuckled.

"Shut up, you don't count, yours is different. He used to sell shit on his doorstep." She spoke in an annoyed tone of voice.

"He doesn't anymore though." Robert spoke in hopes of calming her down.

"True. But what about Grace? She's awful, and the kids, I don't want them to frustrate your parents-"

"My parents love children." Robert smiled. "They'll probably be calling them over."

"You promise everything is gonna be okay?" Kimberly pouted.

"One hundred percent." Robert promised.

Kimberly nodded and stepped back into the living room, picking her son up from the cot. "It's time for his feed, do you want to feed him Daryl?" She turned to her father in law.

"If that would be okay with you, Kimberly." He grinned which made Kimberly smile.

"Of course." She nodded and handed Jenkin over to his grandfather and then moments later Robert cane walking into the living room with the bottle he had warmed up and handed it over to his father.

Karen was immediately taking out her phone to snap a photo of her husband and grandson. Robert and Kimberly both smiled at Daryl, he was a quiet man on times but in the past hour he hadn't stopped talking of how much he already loved his grandson.

"So Kimberly, how many family members are actually coming over here?" Caiden questioned.

She took a moment to think. "My father, mother, siblings, grandparents, uncles and aunt, oh and my two best friends. So that's... thirteen." She sighed.

"I thought your close family was larger than that." Caiden thought aloud.

"Yeah, I refused to have Chris, Danielle and their children down, along with some of my other grandparents, I simply had my immediate family and then the people who practically raised me — that being my grandparents, uncles and aunt." Caiden nodded his head in response.