38•No

It's was the day after the incident and everything was tense, or so it was for Katie, Cole and Robert. Robert hadn't told any of the members in the house what had happened that night and so Katie only hated Robert for it.

Robert needed to tell Kimberly about what had happened and quite frankly, he was scared. He was scared of her asking questions that he wasn't able to answer or how she would begin getting really upset — which would of course happen — only leading to Robert becoming more upset and angry.

Kimberly was sitting in the kitchen, heating a bottle for her son. Robert couldn't help but walk back and forth from the kitchen and the living room, thinking of how he could be break the news to Kimberly. Cole was seated on the couch, head in his hands, knowing Roberts internal struggle. Katie was sat on the couch, eating some chocolate while glaring at Robert, only making Robert even more nervous and yet angry at Parker. Pam and Grace were out at the pool with the two youngest while the rest of the family had been spending time in their rooms after figuring the tense atmosphere after that mornings breakfast.

"Will you just fucking tell me why my best mate has been sent back to Wales after being beaten to a pulp last night?!" Katie finally shouted at Robert, a mouth full of chocolate she had taken from Kimberly.

"I've told you Katie! I can't tell you! Not yet anyway." Robert shouted back, using his hands to get his point across.

"Robert just shut up and be a fucking man." Katie spat.

"A man? A fucking man? Are you trying to say I'm not a man?! I'll tell you who isn't a fucking man!" Robert yelled back at the red head who was still sitting unfazed on the couch as he began taking steps closer. "Your 'best mate' is nowhere near a fucking man! All he-"

"Robert!" Cole yelled, standing from his seat and pushing Robert back a little.

Then another pair of footsteps were heard as Kimberly appeared at the doorway, with her baby in her arms, a bottle in his mouth. "Will you shut up, all three of you. Especially you Robert, your son is sleeping, stop acting like a child." She spoke in a frustrated voice.

Robert sighed and walked to his wife who was dressed in gym leggings and a white t-shirt, not long finishing a short session at the home gym. He kissed her forehead, resting a hand on her waist and another lifting and stroking his sons rosy cheek. "I'm sorry sweetheart." He apologised.

"I don't want my child raised in a home where there's screaming and shouting so please stop." She pouted and Robert nodded and kissed her pouty lips.

"Darling, I really need to speak to you about something important." Robert spoke softly and rubbed his thumb in her waist.

"First, I want to know why is there tension everywhere I look and why was our room trashed last night, most of all, why is Parker gone?" She questioned, her heart holding sadness and confusion.

"That's exactly what I need to talk to you, think we can head to the kitchen so we can talk in private?"

Katie scoffed. "No. It's involving our best friend, I want to know too. Be a man and talk here."

"Kimberly, baby, can we please talk somewhere else?" Robert questioned, taking the feeding child from his wife's hands and walking him over to Cole.

"No, I think Katie should get to hear too, it is her best friend." Kimberly shrugged and shook her head.

Robert sighed. "Please don't make this difficult, baby."

"No Robert, just tell me." Kimberly copied Robert and sighed.

Robert let out a sigh that this time sounded rather harsh. "Fine, you want her to hear too?"

"Robert, don't." Cole sighed.

"Well, She's not going to listen to me otherwise." Robert looked to his best friend. "Kimberly, the reason why Parker's gone is because he's done something really bad." He tried to lay it on lightly.

"What do you mean by bad?" She questioned confusedly while Katie watched, also in confusion.

"I don't want to tell you this, nor do I know how to, but he drugged you, princess. He drugged you and he-he t-touched you." Robert spoke as he began feeling the anger rise in him once again.

"W-What?" Kimberly questioned, feeling utterly confused and scared.

"You're lying! He wouldn't do that! Especially not to her!" Katie yelled.

"Katie, shut it. My son." Robert warned.

Kimberly's started shaking and backing up slightly, feeling tears build up in her eyes. "You're lying, n-no, he wouldn't-"

"He did Kimberly, I saw it." Cole sighed.

Kimberly started loosing her breath, shaking her head as tears fell from her eyes. "No. Please, please Robert, tell me you're lying." She begged.

Robert's eyes started tearing up seeing his wife so broken, though it wasn't the first time but he so wanted it to be the last. "I'm sorry princess, I really wish I could say I'm lying but I'm not. You know I wouldn't say this if it wasn't true."

Kimberly fell into a panic attack and stepped closer to Robert, clasping onto the black t-shirt that was draped over his torso. Kimberly always preferred to have space when she began having a panic attack, but when Robert was around she found comfort in him and when he wasn't she'd always try to find something that smelt like her husband.

Robert didn't hold her just yet, he knew Kimberly was a hard person to comfort in this situation so he waited until she gave the cue, though he allowed her to hold him any way that would make her feel better.

Kimberly buried her face in Roberts chest, tugging on his shirt as her tears soaked it. "Hold me, please." She whimpered.

Robert's heart broke as he opened his mouth to speak. "Of course, babygirl." He sighed in sadness as he lifted Kimberly up and wrapped her legs around his torso. "You'll be fine, princess, I promise you, whatever you want done, or want me to do I'll make sure it happens, okay?" He promised.

"Thank you." She whimpered.

Robert kissed the side of his wife's head as he rubbed his hand up and down her back. "I love you, he won't get away with this."

Word count:1073

I'm so sorry of the slow writing, I'm going through quite a bit at the moment and I promise you I'm trying my hardest.