45•Meltdown

And for months later, everything was fine. It was coming up to Jenkin's first birthday in just under a month and yet, he had already been learning quite a few words. Kimberly and Robert were both back in work now and a nanny had be sorted — a woman who Savannah had recommended as she had recently lost her job as a nanny to Savannah's little sister due to Savannah's father giving up work to have more time with the baby.

Everything seemed perfect right about now. Jenkin was even learning to walk, he tripped up over his own feet sometimes but that's to be expected of a eleven month old baby. But something the parents adored of their son was the way he called their names. Kimberly was known as Mam, but Jenkin called her Mumma. And Robert was known as Papa but when Jenkin called out 'Pa' he couldn't help but love how cute his little voice was. It was perfect. They were learning.

"I have nothing else to do today, am I okay to quickly pop out grocery shopping? I'll take Jenkin with me." Kimberly questioned, stepping into her husbands office, her son trailing behind happily.

Robert looked up from his computer and smiled at his wife and son. "Of course, sweetheart." He reached in his draw for his wallet and passed it over to his wife. "Take savannah with you too for help."

Kimberly nodded her head. "Okay, thank you. I won't be long." She smiled as she took the wallet from his husbands hand. She laid a kiss on her husbands cheek and stepped back.

"Can I get a hug, big man?" Robert grinned as he outstretched his arms for his son.

Jenkin giggled and ran into his father's arms. "Bye, papa."

"How much food do you need to get?" Savannah questioned as they entered the store.

Kim shrugged. "I don't know, I haven't really checked."

"Well this should be fun." Savannah laughed as she continued to push the stroller. Kimberly told savannah that she would happily push the stroller but savannah insisted that she wanted to.

"Mumma, nana." Jenkin spoke making savannah laugh and Kimberly smile.

"You want a banana?" She questioned and Jenkin nodded. "Okay boy, we'll get you a banana."

"This should be easy." Savannah smiled and threw a bunch of bananas in the cart Kimberly was pushing.

"Jenkin, boy please." Savannah practically begged. "Stop crying."

"Baby out!" Jenkin shouted and he began hitting his knees with his fists.

"No baby, you can't walk around, you
Begin running off and Mumma doesn't want to loose you." Kimberly pouts at her son.

"Baby out!"

"Okay okay. Try to take him out and put him in the cart seat." Kimberly instructed savannah. Savannah nodded and un-strapped Jenkin, placing him in the cart which Kimberly was controlling.

The baby began smiling again, giggling while his mother pushed him around the isles. Kimberly began playfully running while pushing the cart making Jenkin laugh ever more. "Okay baby, want some lollies?" She smiled and Jenkin nodded.

Kimberly continued throwing lots more things in the cart, fruit, vegetables, candy, chocolate, all sorts. She picked up a pack of sponges and noticed Jenkin soon becoming un-interested and grumpy again. She began lightly tapping his head with the soft objects while making a noise with her mouth.