18•One Hundred Percent Love

Pregnancy week:11

"What're you doing out here?" Robert questioned while stepping out the back garden. Kimberly was standing under the covers by the wooden fencing that covered the wooden patio, watching the first few flakes of snow fall, or so that's what it was supposed to be first, she had been out there for twenty minutes or maybe even longer.

Robert knew she wasn't in the living room but she's prone to going to the bathroom with her aunt and they end up in there for around ten minutes and so he thought he'd give her time until she hadn't come back for a while so he decided to look for her.

"Watching the snow, don't get it here often." She smiled back at him. "Stay with me." She tapped the fence besides her.

Robert nodded and leaned against the fencing and kept his mouth shut while he watch the soft snow stick to the ground. The garden was lit up with different colour lighting only making it look even more magical, sort of like a clique Christmas scene.

Once a few minutes passed the song 'baby it's cold outside' could be heard from inside the house and Robert found himself humming along.

"I really can't stay." Kimberly sang quietly, keeping her voice to herself. "I gotta go away."

"Baby it's cold outside." Robert sang back as quiet as a hum. Robert and Kimberly both don't like their own singing voiced but they do enjoy to sing. And they didn't like the sound of their own voices though they liked the sound of each other's voices, it was something that just fit together, sort of like the couple them self.

"My mother will start to worry." Kimberly sang, turning to face Robert after he had sung almost every Male part with her so far.

"Beautiful, what's your hurry?" He turned to face his wife, a large smirk on his face.

"My father will be pacing the floor." She shook her head playfully.

Robert stepped closer and pulled Kimberly into him, her arms coming around his neck and his going around her waist. "Listen to the fireplace roar."

"So really I'd better scurry." Kimberly couldn't help but smile. She loved Robert with her whole heart and she loved these little memorable moments between them. It's what made them the couple they are.

"Beautiful, please don't hurry." Some thing the couple didn't know about while they were having their moment was how Dale was actually watching this whole thing. He originally came in to ask Kimberly where she was sleeping that night for him to know whether to lock the door or not, but once he looked outside he stopped at the door just to admire the happiness on his daughters face.

"But maybe just a half a drink more." Kimberly faked an eye roll and Robert chuckled.

"Put some records on while I pour." Robert broke away from Kimberly with a smirk on his face leaving her to pout.

"The neighbours might think." Kimberly went to turn around but Robert pulled her back to face him with a grin on his face.

"Baby, it's bad out there." Kimberly loved Roberts singing voice, she always had. It was so deep and indulging that she could get lost in his words for hours.

The two continued on. Dale was rather stunned. He knew Kimberly could sing due to the amount of times he had heard her in the shower when she was a teenager but he never once heard her sing openly or with anyone. It was a change. Equally, Robert never sang to anyone and Dale most defiantly had never heard of it before but he had to admit that he was a good sling as well as Kimberly.

"Baby it's cold outside." They sang together with large smiles. Kimberly knew they were meant for each other, by fit together perfectly, like those last two pieces of a jigsaw or the last pencil in the pack that slides right in. Fits.

"The answer is no." Kim giggled and pulled back from Robert making him smile. Kimberly stepped off the patio and onto the snow where the few flakes fell freely.

Robert of course followed and continued on singing along with Kimberly as he attempted to pull her back but she kept dodging.

"My sister would be suspicious." She sang with raised eyebrows and grin.

Robert finally caught her arm and pulled her in. He caught her face in his hands and touched her bottom lip with his thumb. "Gosh, your lips look delicious."

"My brother will be there at the door." She sang while resting her right arm on his shoulder.

"Waves upon a tropical storm." He stole a kiss making Kimberly giggle.

"My maiden aunt's mind is viscous." She shook her head and bit her lip. God I love him.

Robert began making advances forward making Kimberly step back, closing the gap between her and the wall. "Gosh, your lips are delicious."
then he leant in once again, closing the gap and locking lips.

Whereas Dale would usually feel anger and immediately pull Robert away, or at least clear his throat to get them to stop, he didn't. This was the first time Dale truly knew — even over the wedding — how much Kimberly loved Robert.

It may seem odd but listen. Of course it wasn't only this but this added. Kimberly was a very hard person to love and Dale believed that Kimberly would continue to push people away for years, even after she met Robert at fourteen he presumed that she would get bored and stop talking to him completely. Then when they got married he heard the vows and he cried. Dale wasn't expecting it to be that heartfelt but either way those were all things where they knew people would be listening in. Even when they were younger all of Kim's family expected them to split up in a month but they didn't, they stayed together. Clearly they showed them wrong. But now they stood in the garden, singing together as they look at each other with true love in their eyes, not knowing anyone is watching, and that's what shows it. They aren't putting it on to make themselves look good to their family or the magazines.

It's one hundred percent true. It's one hundred percent them.

It's one hundred percent love.

Word count:1063

Idina menzel//Michael bublé - Baby it's cold outside