4•Perfect

Pregnancy week: 5

"I wanna go out to the pool." Kimberly pouted. It was 10AM and the couple had been awake for around an hour, just casually talking about anything and everything.

Robert shook his head and flicked Kimberly's pouty lip. "Hmm, sweetheart it's Cold."

"So, we can go in the jacuzzi." She urges. Kimberly was practically laying on top of Robert but that was exactly how he liked it.

"If you wasn't pregnant then maybe I'd allow it. It's drizzle outside, baby." He shook his head and ran his fingers through Kimberly's hair.

"Why cant we use the indoor one again?" Kimberly questioned while tilting her head to the side.

"Because we need it to be re-decorated. If you remember, quite a few months ago we drained it to get new lights fitted but we never got around to buying them as the summer was coming and we then always used the outdoor one." Robert explained.

"I like the indoor jacuzzi." She mumbled out her thoughts.

"You like it because there's a bar right by the side of it, you cannot drink. Actually, for that matter, you can't even go in a jacuzzi, you're pregnant." Robert let out a small laugh.

Kimberly let out a small huff. "Just don't turn the bubbles on." She shrugged. "You know, my mother smoked and drank while pregnant with me. Pam even done drugs while she was pregnant with Grace, mind you, she didn't actually know she was pregnant with her." Kimberly shrugged once again.

Robert shook his head in amusement. "You never fail to surprise me."

"I don't know what makes a good underwater light." Kim laughed. Robert's side had been feeling rather good lately and he decided that maybe he shouldn't be treating Kimberly like a new-born puppy who wasn't ever allowed out of the cage, so the two were currently in a warehouse in the comfiest clothing they owned — both in a pair of Roberts sweats and a t-shirt — looking for the lights to fit in the jacuzzi.

"Honestly baby, neither do I." He chuckled as he looked through the selection.

"Oh! There's colour changing ones." Kimberly smiled.

"Don't we have those in our outdoor pool and jacuzzi?" Robert questions, reading the label on the box.

"I think so. Shall we get these ones?" She questioned.

"Yeah, pick up five. I'll call the electrician to get them fitted." Robert nods as he pulls his phone out.

Kimberly picked up the correct amount of boxes and Robert carried most — by his choice. They made their way to the cash register and they placed their desired items down on the counter. Robert was on the phone to the electrician, telling him to be at the house by the time Robert got back.

Kimberly was just about to pay with the cash she had tucked away in her pocket until Robert beat her to it and slid his card through. "You're annoying." She grumbled.

"And you're gorgeous." He smirked as he reached for the receipt. "No, not you Joel, I'm talking to my wife." Robert shook his head and Kimberly laughed at the clarification Robert had to make.

"Have a nice day." The couple wished to the person behind the register and made their way to the car, signalling for Scott to hurry as they did, you best believe he had to come with them, except he wasn't exactly doing his job, he saw a brunette outside who he decided to chat up and although Robert was quite annoyed Kimberly warned her husband to leave the body guard alone.

"We have paints here, right?" Kimberly questioned her husband who was polishing down the bar. The technician had come and gone and now the three — Kimberly, Robert and Scott — had turned the day into one to clean up the underused pool room. Similar to the jacuzzi the pool had been emptied and was now being cleaned by Scott and a pressure washer.

"I believe so, why sweetheart?" Robert questioned. Kimberly wasn't exactly allowed to do much, she had been allowed to re-stack and organise the drinks and cups, Robert claiming that she wasn't to do much considering she was pregnant.

"I think we could repaint this wall." She shrugged, motioning towards the only painted wall In a room filled with wall tiles.

"Oh yeah? What colour?" He questioned though he could already guess.

"Maybe a light purple colour." She smiled. "Do we have any?"

"I believe we do still have some left from when we painted your princess room." Robert nodded but he could see Kimberly's face physically drop. "What's wrong, doll?"

Robert made his way over to Kimberly and effortlessly lifted her on top of the freshly polished bar-top. "I haven't been in there in a while have I?" She pouted.

"Oh gorgeous, you have but just not as much as you used to." He comforted, rubbing his large hand up and down the bare skin of Kimberly's arm. "And you choose to sleep in with daddy instead of in your princess bed, but we both know the reasons for that."

"I-I just sort of feel as if I'm loosing myself, my little self." Kimberly mumbled making Roberts heart ache.

"You have still been little, baby just not as often. No little is little all the time and it's extremely hard to be with the way we live." Scott could hear the whole conversation, and though he pretended he wasn't paying attention, he was.

"But I get scared that you'll get bored of me because I'm not always your little girl." She pouts.

Robert tenses at Kimberly's words though they were only meant with compete innocence, she didn't know how upset that made Robert feel. "Don't you ever say that again. You are my little girl and you always are, I thought we discussed this before, you always do have a hint of your little self except you aren't fully little all the time which is one hundred percent acceptable. I'll love you no matter what, princess." Robert smiled and pecked Kimberly's lips.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled. "I love you too."

"There's no need for you to say sorry, baby." Robert smiled at his little girl.

"You're perfect just the way you are."

*•*•*•*•
Okay so I'm gonna begin doing a thing where once we reach a certain amount of votes then I'll post the next chapter because I really don't know when I should be posting these chapters so I guess if I do it this way there's some sort of system to it.

Next chapter: 5 votes

The neighbourhood - sweater weather//slowed

Word count: 1049