21•Proud

Pregnancy week:13

"I can't believe we're leaving." Kim pouted.

"I know sweetheart, we'll be back soon. I promise." He kisses Kimberly's temple before lugging the cases in the bot of the car.

A door was headed and Dani was seen stepping out of Lisa's doorway slowing with the rest of the family. Dani pouted at Robert. "You hurt her-"

"We've been through this before, I never intend in hurting Kimberly, no matter what." Robert interiorised as he slammed the boot do the car shut.

"Have a safe journey." Grace smiled before hugging her sister, the other youngest kids involved.

"We will." Kim smiled.

"Come here, baby girl." Dale smiled as he pulled his eldest daughter into a rib crushing hug. Kimberly Of course hugged back considering it was a rare moment for the two.

Dale then pulled back and looked Kimberly in the eye. "I don't know what you do exactly out there to be Earning as much as you do, but what I do know is that you're a bright girl, you always have been the smartest one in the family and I'm proud. I am so proud of you and I know I never say it and I should, I should because you are such a special And amazing little girl, because you'll always be my little girl. I'm sorry for sheltering you for years with boys and all the other cliche things, I just didn't want to loose you. I'm sorry for putting you through everything you did, you should never had been in the mental state you were as a child and it was my fault. I'm so sorry. But now you're doing better, you're having a child of your own and I just know you are going to do amazing so please baby, do me proud and stick to the ropes here, I know when you start getting all funny in that head of yours you like to run and change, but you must never leave Robert because he is the best you are ever going to get. Make sure you give this child everything I couldn't give you as a child. And trust me, I will help as much as I can. You were my first born Kim, and I've always loved you, I always will. I'm very proud of you."

Dale got so carried away in his father daughter speech with Kimberly that he didn't realise how much it hit everyone around them. Dale has never been one for expression his emotions so hearing all this spill out shocked all of their family to the maximum level. Not only that but Kimberly had never had such words said to her by any family member and now it was her father. The father that had never showed this much compassion to anyone his whole Life. The father that used to leave Kimberly home alone at night when she was only seven so he could go out amd do drugs instead after the passing of Lucy — Kim's mother. The father that had wanted to physically kill Robert — and god knew he was capable of it — had actually just said plenty of kind words of him. Kimberly didn't know what to do nor say.

Robert was also stunned. Dale approved. Dale finally approved of Robert. It felt like a huge ass weight lifted off his shoulders.

Kim wiped away the few tears that had fallen and cleared her throat. "God dad, could have warned me." He laughed. And there's Kimberly with the jokes. Robert thought. When things got too serious Kimberly would always make a joke, no matter how big or small.

"Shit, you're just making it harder for me to leave." Kim laughed nervously as she fanned her face with her hand.

Once Kimberly processed what She has heard she looked at her rather properly once again and mustered up the courage to speak. "I love you dad. I know we've had some real shitty times, god have we, but we worked through them, without mam. And I know you wanted to kill yourself once mam passed, who could blame you really? The woman you spent every day with since you were fifteen dying when you're twenty-eight. Nobody blamed you for what happened with your head, dad, at least I don't." Kimberly began. She held her father's hands in hers and at that point Lisa was beginning to tear up as well as Mark. Nothing like this had ever happened before. Dale himself even began tearing up.

"You wanted to kill yourself but you didn't because you knew you couldn't leave me with two dead parents, and I thank you for that. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be who I am tod-"

"Broken, Kimberly, I broke you."

"No father, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be so strong. I put up with the let downs you'd always put out because I knew it wasn't your fault and because I saw that I didn't hate you, it made me a stronger person. Well, I did hate you once but all that's sorted through now, just like we always have. You're my father, I don't get another, sure, Roberts family treat me like family but nobody will ever have the same bond as us. Yes we can barely hold a conversation as we both never know what to talk to each other about, but does that matter? You want the best for me as I do you and we stuck through In the tough years. You were a shit parent when I was a child dad, there's no denying that, but you had and still have your reason, don't blame yourself. Please." Eventually Kimberly broke into full sobs and Dale hugged his eldest daughter again.

"I am so proud of you. You always said you were going to be the one to put this family back right and you have. Who'd have thought the smartest one in the family coma from me eh?" He chucked. "Seriously though, I love you Kimberly."

"I love you too dad." Kimberly sobbed.

•*•*•*•
Well that got emotional real fast.

So Dale finally approved of Robert after all this time. Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer as best as I can, no matter where in the book but do you have any either comment them here or DM me if you prefer for them to be private.

Thank your reading ! I loves yous all! ❣️

Adele - when we were young

Word count:1090