25•Cravings

Pregnancy week:20

"Who's idea was it for me to come to work today?" Kimberly groaned as she sipped on a mug of tea.

"You." Robert chuckled.

"I regret it. Besides, I want chocolate cake." She pouted. Kimberly was sitting up on Robert's desk as he typed away in his keyboard.

Robert checked his watch to find it was 12:13 pm. "Okay sweetheart, we can go down to the canteen in a few minutes to get food, yeah?"

Kimberly nodded. "Okay, fine."

"You're so grumpy." He chuckled.

Kimberly hopped off the desk and walked over to the mirror to check she looked presentable to go down to the canteen. She was wearing a pale pink, slim fitted dress that was perfect for her small baby bump, a white blazer and small, nude heels. Though she was pregnant she still made it a job to look professional.

"You look perfect, now let's get lunch." Robert smiled at the mother of his unborn child as he stood from his seat.

Kimberly nodded and made her way to the door where her husband was now standing. Robert wrapped his left arm around her waist and began making his way out of his office and down the corridor.

Once they made it to the main floor they saw a smiling Cole, a laughing Savannah, and Elijah and Scott who looked very professional in watching over to building. "We haven't eaten in the canteen for a while." Kim spoke up.

Robert thought for a moment. "Yeah, I just thought it would be easier to get food here considering you're hungry, that way we don't have to wait a while. We can go somewhere else if you'd like?"

"Of course not, I'm fine with anything." Kim smiles and then the two step into the elevator, Elijah following.

"Afternoon, sir." The dark haired guard nodded.

"Elijah."

"What is it with men? You two are great, best buds when out of work but in work you're all professional, what's that about?" Kim scrunched her nose up in confusion.

"I'm the boss, darling, I have to always act professional." Robert shook his head with a small laugh.

"And as my boss, I always have to treat Mr. Mitchell with respect, therefore he goes by sir or his professional title." Elijah finished up.

"Well you don't always call me Mrs, Mitchell, not that I want you to, I prefer for you, Scott, milo, Sav and Cole to call me by my first name but still." She shook her head.

Elijah chuckled and shook his head. "I'm supposed to and you're not supposed to tell Robert that, really that time in the hotel I was supposed to refer to you in proper title as I was set to look after you — not that I minded — but you insisted I didn't, I call you by name in work don't I?"

Kimberly shrugged. "Probably, I don't really remember if honest."

"Besides, it's right for Elijah to refer to me as sir because I am the head of the company." Robert attempted to end the conversation.

"It bloats his ego." Elijah adds with a smirk.

"Of course it does."

"It's not just me, it's a man thing." Robert shrugged.

"Well I hate men." Kimberly rolled her eyes.

"You married one." Robert chuckled.

"Meh, you kinda count as a girl on occasions." Kimberly spoke smugly.

"Hey-"

Robert was cut off by the elevator singing and Kimberly walking through the metal doors, happily chirping a quick "ding." As she did with a smile.

Robert and Elijah both shook their heads before following Kimberly out of the elevator and over to the canteen.

Of course Elijah wasn't going to join the couple for food — though he was more than welcome — he was simply just going to have his food while making sure the couple were perfectly fine.

As usual.

"Do you want to watch a film tonight? When we go home I'll run you a bath, we can order food and watch a few films, hows that sound baby?" Robert questions before he takes another bite of his food.

Kimberly groaned in pleasure. "Oh my god, yes please." She laughed.

"Of course, baby." Robert chuckled.

"I need to pee, I'll be back." Kimberly spoke before standing from her seat.

"Do you need me to come with you?" Robert asks, not wanting his pregnant wife to struggle with the toilet.

"I'm perfectly fine." Kim laughed. "But I better go quick, this baby is pushing on my bladder and I might just pee myself." She bit her lip and quickly hurried off to the bathrooms.

Robert rubbed his left eye with the back of his hand before taking out his phone. He scrolled through a few emails before his phone rang, the call read his brother.

He answered the call and held the phone to his ear before answering. "Hello, you Alright Caiden?"

"Hello brother, I'm okay. Mother asked me to phone you, something about baby scans and she's wondering the gender, if you know it." Caiden mumbled through his words.

"We don't know, we have plans to have you all over and we're going to set up a video call to Kimberly's family and then we're going to find out the gender of our baby, a baby reveal." Robert explains.

"Ah, okay brother, when will this be?" Caiden questioned.

"I don't know, In a few days, I'll give you a call first and tell mam and pa I'll send Milo to pick them up, you get the car too unless you want to drive your bike down." Robert spoke.

"Okay, thank you Robert. Goodbye."

"Bye, brother."

"I'm back." Kimberly smiled as she sat back down.

"Hello, gorgeous." Robert smiled back. "Are we ready to head back up to the office?"

Kimberly nodded. "Yep, how much do we have left?"

"Just a few more papers to sign baby-girl, fax them through to George and Luke, then we can go home." Robert stood from his seat and helped up his wife.

He placed a kiss on her forehead before they continued on walking to the elevator, only to have Elijah join them again.

"Do you happen to know the gender of your baby yet, Mrs. Mitchell?" Elijah questions.

"We have it in an envelope, you'll find out soon." She smiled.

Soon.

Word count:1053

Killer queen - Queen