46•Test

"You need to do it, Rob." Cole pressured.

"Why so close to Jenkin's birthday? Can it wait?" Robert huffed and took a seat in one of Cole's chairs.

"We need to check on everyone's dedication, I'm sorry, but it has to be done." Cole spoke. Cole had mentioned that there needed to be some testing put in place for the people who worked for Robert with the illegal side of things.

"But you can't be seriously telling me we have to test Kimberly." Robert huffed once again.

"Everyone will be tested except me or you. Savannah will, Elijah, Scott, everyone." Cole shook his head and tapped away on the computer.

"Fine." Robert grunted. "How? What's the plan?"

"Well for sassy Sav-"

"Never say that again."

"Fine, for Santiago I was thinking have either me or you to trap her in a room and interrogate her through the speakers. Then if she holds up eventually one of us will step in and hold an unloaded gun to her face. Click off the safety and threaten to shoot. See what happens." Cole explained, looking through some files on his computer which he had set up ready for each of the events set up.

"We can't use us, she'll know our voices and we need to test hundreds of other men, they can't know what we're doing. How are we even going to test the other men on our team?" Robert doubted Cole's plan.

"We'll test the more important people first, then we'll hold all the minor people in room with guns to their heads and threaten them, they won't suspect our voices as they won't know us well enough. Besides, we don't need to do it to every single worker, only the ones that know lots."

"Fine. What are you planning for Kimberly? You better not take it too far on her or I swear. Kimberly is smart, you're planning this 'initiation' but she's been through interrogation worse than some things I have, she won't break for the whole gang act. She's stronger than that." Robert warned.

"That's why we're not using the gang approach." Cole smirked.

"Then what are you doing?"

"You'll see." The blonde winked.

"We better hurry, sweetheart, Jenkin will be awake from his nap soon and I know you like to be the one he wakes to." Robert smiled.

"Oh I'm sorry I don't want our son waking up and the first face he sees is the babysitter." Kimberly pouted.

"Yeah yeah, let's just look for the right pair of earrings for you." Robert smiled.

"I don't want earrings." Kimberly laughed.

"I don't care, I'm getting you a pair of earrings, a present for every day of June for your birthday." He smiled.

"Stop Robert, I don't want a present every day." Kim laughed.

"I don't care, I'm getting you one." And then he pulled her in a store for a pair of earrings.

They looked, Robert kept looking at the ones with the expensive price tag while Kimberly looked at the cute, small one with an equally as small price tag. "Look, these are gorgeous. They'd look perfect on you." Robert smiled.

"They are gorgeous, but they are way too expensive, Robert. I don't want you spending loads on this." Kim whined.

"I don't care. We'll get these please." And then they left. After Robert paid for the diamond earrings Kimberly loved but wished he hadn't bought, they left and began making their way out of the store and to the car.

"Mrs. Kimberly Mitchell." A deep voice called.

She turned around to see who was the owner of the voice, only to find two men in police uniform. "Yes, officer?"