20•Fun

Pregnancy week:12

Kimberly was standing in the bathroom, looking into the mirror, making sure she looked appropriate. She didn't have any plans that day but she still wanted to look appropriate. She just finished tying her hair in loose ponytails when her youngest sister barged in. "Kim?"

Kimberly turned to face Caitlin. "What's up, babe?"

"Grace said that we could go to Porthcawl if you let." She said with a hopeful look in her eye.

"Oh did she now? Where is Gracey?" Kimberly asked, one eyebrow raised.

"She's downstairs with Robert." She pointed down to the floor.

"Okay, I'll go speak to then shall I?" Kim had a grin on her face as she spoke to her sister.

"Can we please go?" Caitlin asked hopefully.

"If Robert says yes then we will." She smiled. Caitlin eagerly nodded and followed Kimberly as she left the bathroom and began walking down the stairs. "Robert?" She called.

"In the kitchen, baby." He called back.

Kimberly waltzed into the kitchen, a smile on her face. She looked to Robert and then to Grace was was previously in a conversation with her brother-in-law. "So someone mentioned Porthcawl to the children." She raises her brows and continues to rest her gaze on her sister.

Grace shrugged. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"You told me and Adrian." Caitlin stepped in the kitchen with Her hands on her hips.

"You've always been a fucking snitch." Grace rolled her eyes.

Kimberly shook her head at Grace's choice in words. "Anyway, if you want to we can go." She looks to her husband.

"Isn't Porthcawl that Fairground and arcades place?" He questioned.

Grace nodded her head. "Yep, they have their winter thing up now so they have more things there."

"You've always had a great way of explaining things." Kimberly laughed and grabbed a drink from the fridge.

"I know." She shrugged. "I never understood why I was in such a low English." Clearly she didn't realise Kimberly was being sarcastic.

Robert shook his head and chuckled. "Yeah, okay. Get the kids ready and we can go." He nodded.

"Yay!" Caitlin yelled and ran into the living room. "Mummy, uncle Robert and Kim are taking us to the fair."

Kim smiled and kissed her husbands cheek. "Thank you."

"Well, we have to do something fun before we leave." He smiled back.

Kimberly went on to look for her white trainers that went with her large, off-shoulder, woollen jumper and checkered, fitted trousers that she was wearing. Her hair was previously tied in loose ponytails ready for her to pull on her white bobble hat.

 Her hair was previously tied in loose ponytails ready for her to pull on her white bobble hat

Robert went on to find his coat while Pam was getting the two younger children dressed.

Eventually everyone was ready and Robert and Grace were strapping the kids into their car seats as Kimberly was starting up the car itself.

Robert hopped in the front seat and Grace into the back. Kim switched on the radio as she drove out of her street, eventually she was up on the motorway and from there it was a twenty minute ride.

After a few more minutes of driving they pulled up to the seaside town and Kimberly parked the car. "Okay kids, uncle Robert holds all money, use his not mine." She grinned.

"Oh really?" He laughed. "Whatever, let's just hurry, I'm freezing."

Kimberly hurried the kids along into the fairground and immediately the two youngest ran over to the children's rides. Robert paid and the kids went on the rides, that was pretty much how half an hour of their day went.

It was defiantly cold. The kids were wearing four layers to make sure they stayed warm. Robert kept Kimberly tucked into his side to ensure that she stayed warm while Grace kept rolling her eyes at the happy couple. She had always felt jealousy towards the two, for years she had but there was nothing she could do about it.

"Okay, I am freezing and I can feel Kimberly shivering. How about the arcade?" Robert tried in hopes the kids would agree. It was defiantly not a good idea to come to a place where they were practically on the sand at winter.

"Yes!" Adrian smiled. Grace hurried Caitlin along while Robert held Adrian's hand in his right with his left arm wrapped around Kimberly's waist.

They went into the large arcade and Caitlin immediately took Adrian's hand In hers and ran along to the games they wanted to play. "Careful!" Robert yelled after them. Due to it being winter the arcade didn't have many people in it at all, it was actually rather empty.

The couple followed after the children and Robert ducked down his head slightly and whispered into Kim's ear. "I can't wait to do this stuff with our child."

"Neither can I." She smiled.

"Can you get these a few 2 pence?" Grace questioned.

Robert nodded his head and pulled Kimberly along to get change for the children. "Can we get candy floss?" Kimberly sheepishly smiled up at her husband.

"You want some?" He smiled as he slipped a £5 note into the machine for it to dispense a load of 2 pence pieces.

"Yes please." She grinned.

"Okay Baby, wait for these to fill and we can get some." Robert kissed Kim's forehead.

"You could have just chucked £1 in there mind, the kids don't need £5 worth." She laughed.

"I know." He shrugged. "But we don't get to see them much so let them use as much as they want."

Kimberly smiled. "I love you."

"Only for my money?" Robert smirked.

"Shut up. I love how you are willing to spend the money that you work for on my siblings. Of course I love you for other reasons too." She giggled.

"I know, I know, I was just messing." Robert shook his head.

Kimberly picked up two of the plastic cups filled with the coppers while Robert carried the last one. "Candy floss?" She questioned with a smile.

"Candy floss." Robert echoed, also with a smile.

*•*•*•*
Word count:1008

Pogo - living island

I know this is short but I just wanted to add a little something in here with the kids so yep ☺️