6•Dreams

Pregnancy week: 6

Waking up to someone such as Kimberly May Mitchell is a job harder than one would expect — well, at-least for Robert it was.

This one particular morning Kimberly was spread out on top of the white bed sheets. She was only wearing a white bra and a pair of jungle-book shorts as she claimed it was too hot to wear clothing but she didn't want to completely strip down as Scott was also saying in the house.

Kimberly was on her side, her right leg spread out and over her left leg leaving Robert the perfect view of her round ass. Her left hand was resting upon the soft, white pillow besides her head and her right, effortlessly resting on her waist.

Small, heavy breaths left her mouth as she faced away from Robert. The sleeping beauty was now six weeks pregnant and Robert still had to pinch himself to believe his luck. He had everything. He had the job, the money, the wife, and now the child. Everything was perfect. At least for now it was.

Robert played with Kim's flowing hair, not wanting to wake her but also not being able to keep his hands of her in every conscious moment.

He turned to look at the clock for the first time that morning, it read 8:01AM. It was too early for Robert to be awake, especially since he was once again off work. God, I'm taking too much time off.

Just then he heard the noise of the bed sheets shuffling and a small whine that Kimberly would often make during her sleep. A noise Robert found endearing. Robert turned to face Kimberly once again, wrapping her up in his embrace — just the way he liked it — as he allows himself to fall back asleep.

Robert stepped foot into the kitchen in search for his phone. He had just quickly popped over to the office to pick up all the kid's presents ready to hide under the tree for when they wake up on Christmas morning. They were all currently sitting in his car, there were lots of them too.

"Sweetheart, I've just grab- oh hey, what are you guys still doing up this late?" Robert furrowed his brows with a large grin on his face.

There stood his wife in the same black jeans and large shirt she had been wearing all day. It was Christmas Eve which meant Christmas preparations which also meant baking for Kimberly. Along side Kim sat two brunette children around the age of five, one up on the kitchen counter and another on the floor by her feet with a small bowl of the leftover cake batter.

The child on the kitchen counter was a girl who looked a lot like Kimberly, except she possessed Roberts dark hair and light eyes. Similarly, the little girls brother who was sat on the floor with chocolate cake batter smeared across his face, also possessed the same features.

"Dad! Mum let us help with the cakes for tomorrow." The little boy grinned a chocolate grin.

Kimberly turned around with a smile on her face as she looked down at the excitable boy. Her face held pure joy, something Robert had always loved to see. "No. I helped mummy, he just sat and ate the left overs." The little girl poked out her tongue.

"I helped!" The boy stood to his feet to glare at his sister which looked to be his twin.

"Both of you helped me." Kimberly laughed. "Now, I need to put this last sponge in the oven, you two have helped me make two Swiss rolls, now I need you both to go to bed." She took a step back with the tray in her hand, opening the oven and sliding the tray in effortlessly before closing it up.

Kimberly pointed at the boy. "You, little man need to get cleaned up." She looked to Robert. "Maybe daddy'll help you with that." She smiled sweetly and of course he nodded.

Robert took off his jacket and quickly threw it on the table which Kimberly soon glared at him for. He gestured for the boy to walk over to him which he happily did and then Robert lifted him up onto the countertop. Robert began to softly wipe away the chocolate around his sons face with a smile.

Once Robert was finished he placed his son down to stand on the floor and Kimberly did the same with their daughter. "Okay kiddos, I believe you've done everything. You've opened your Christmas Eve boxes, you've put on your new jammies, you've had a bath, and you've even helped mummy with the baking. Now, it's time for you to get some sleep, you're already up way past your bedtime and if you're up any later, Santa won't come." Robert poked his tongue out.

"Can you carry us?" The little girl questioned making Kimberly laugh a little.

"Come on then." She smiled as she lifted the child that was the nearest to her which was her son. She rested him in her hip and Robert did the same with his daughter, them all walking through the living room to get to the staircase.

They reached the top floor and just as Robert and Kimberly were to go through separate doors they heard the little voice of their son. "Mummy, can I sleep in with my sister please? We wanna wake up with our stockings together." He gleaned hopefully.

"Was that what you two were talking about earlier?" Kimberly questioned, hand still On the door knob.

"Yep." The girl smiled.

Robert looked to Kimberly and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess it won't do any harm, but if either me or mum have to come and tell you off for not sleeping you will be separated." Robert warned making Kimberly smile.

Robert followed Kimberly into the little boys room that was filled with trains and airplanes and they both laid down the individual children.
"Goodnight." Both parents whispered as they laid a quick kiss on both kids foreheads.

"Have a good sleep, you'll need it." Kimberly smiled before ushering Robert out the door.

She slowly closed the door, backing out into the hallway to be met with Robert who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "We did it, baby."

"We did it." She echoed.

Robert awoke with a warm feeling in his stomach. He knew that what he was doing what the right thing as well as the best thing he could do. He wanted kids with Kimberly and he was going to do everything in his power to protect them.

New chapter: 10 votes

Word count:1107

Santa baby - Kylie Minogue