3. Side Nigga

No matter what, I'ma give her all my lovin'
She a pain in the butt
Sick and tired of the runnin' with the
Same old dirty white lies
Tossin' in my bed
Rememberin' what she said
I know she got a man at home, I don't care
I'll be the side nigga of the year
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
Me and India got hella close since that day at the mall. It's like we're inseparable. I haven't spend this much time with a female in a good minute, so the feeling is rather refreshing. She just has a good ass vibe to her. She's my best friend.

But that's where the only problem comes in. I'm sick of just being her "best friend". All because she still with that foul ass nigga. I mean he really got shorty paranoid and shit. I try to give her options to leave him, but she always comes up with a negative encounter to my idea. It's not like she's purposely dodging the idea of leaving him, she's just scared and I get it. When somebody you love and trust with all your heart hurts you, you never know what to expect. I can tell she's feeling me the way I'm feeling her, but I'm stuck in the friend zone.

"Reece, I got a question." India said as she lied in my lap and stared at the ceiling. I looked down at her, noticing she didn't blink not once. Her expression was blank, so I couldn't tell what she was thinking about.

"If I go to a Shaka Khan concert, and there's an explosion...... Would that be a boom shakalaka?" (A/N: If you know, you know 😭) Her face cracked into a smile, growing bigger as she burst into laughter. I shook my head and couldn't help but laughing along with her. That was corny as hell, but somehow she made it cute.

"India, that was lame as hell bro." I said only making her laugh harder. She pulled her knees in and held her stomach as tears of laughter fell from her eyes. She rolled around in my lap, laughing uncontrollably. I continued to laugh along with her until our laughter died down. She panted, covering her face with her hands. She wiped her tears and looked at me again. I puckered my lips and she rolled her eyes. Man, this girl is something else.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
As the wind blew. I felt the goosebumps form on my exposed arms and I hugged myself for warmth. I guess Chris noticed that I was cold because he put his bomber around my shoulders. I smiled softly and pulled the fabric around me tighter, taking in the scent. It smelt like some sort of cologne and lavender. I inched closer to Chris for more warmth. I heard him chuckle as he pulled me into his arm and I leaned into his chest. I kicked my feet as they dangled from the roof that we sat on.

"Have you ever thought about leaving New York?" Chris's raspy voice rang in my ears. I shook my head and pulled my lips into my mouth.

"This is my home. Although I would love to have a break from it, I don't think I could cope with leaving. I've just gotten so accustomed to all the shit that happens around here." I responded to his question. The sound of cars driving below us filled my ears as I waited for him to say something. I watched the headlights illuminate the dark streets and fade out once the car was out of sight.

"Why not?" He asked me.

"Same people, same expectations. There's no room for change. Change is just another way of saying 'Hey this is how things are whether you like it or not. Get used to it or get the fuck out.'" I kicked the dried up mud off of my black and white Converses.

"Let me change your mind." Chris pulled his lips into his mouth, extending the length of his cheeks bones and causing two indents to form on the sides of his freckled face.

"How do you suppose you're gonna do that?" I furrowed my brows and faced him, seeing his promising expression which intrigued me.

"Give me a month. I bet I can change your life." A sly smirk tugged on his full lips.

"For better or for worse?"

"Only one way to find out."

I sat in silence pondering his question.

"What about Terrell? I can't just leave-" I started to speak, but Chris interrupted me.

"Yes you can, India. When you think leave you think 'Oh yeah, I'll just pack my shit in front of his face and give him a whole conversation about being sick and tired of his bullshit, blah blah blah.' Little do you know, you are sitting next to a full blown con artist. Here's what you do: Wait for Terrell to leave out to go fuck with one of his hoes, that will give you plenty of time to back your shit. Leave the house, and come with me. Block his number, block anything that he might have to get in contact with you. Me and you, we catch the 3:00 flight to Miami. I have a reserved home down there waiting for us already." Chris explained his lengthy plan to me, which was actually smart.

"How long have you been thinking about this, Reece?" I chuckled and furrowed my brows. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

"For some time now."

"You mentioned something about a month? Why a month?" I referred back to his earlier statement.

"A lot of things can happen in Miami in a month. A lot of things can happen in a month period. But once that month is over if you still have the same perspective on change, I'll have you on the next plane back to New York. If not, you can stay in Miami...... W-With me." He stuttered on the last part. He sounded nervous.

"Are you asking me out, Chrissy?" I called him by another one of his nicknames I had for him. He didn't like it, but I thought it was cute.

"If that's what you want to call it," He shrugged and yawned. "I prefer to call it the 'Christopher Brown 30 Day Free Trial'." I extended his arm out and spread his fingers. He swiped it slowly across the air. I scoffed and buried into his chest deeper, getting comfortable.

"How many girls have you done this with?" I raised an eyebrow and he cut his eyes at me. He smirked at me and licked his lips.

"Nobody, baby. There's a first for everything." I felt him lean in as his lips connected softly with my forehead, his chin hairs tickling the bridge of my nose. Me and Chris have never actually kissed, although I've been tempted to. He always gives me soft little forehead kisses which I find completely and utterly adorable.

"Alright, Chrissy. You've got yourself a deal." I smiled as his expression lit up. He brought his fist back and yelled "Yes!" He wrapped both of his arms around me, bringing me into his arms completely. He held me tightly and rested his head on mine. I could feel him smiling against my head.

"You don't understand how hard it was being a side nigga for your fine ass, girl." He chuckled and planted several pecks on my forehead.

"Side nigga?! Christopher you are indeed a mess." I laughed at his comment, but then blushed afterwards realizing that he complimented me. I bit softly on my lip and smiled, feeling bubbly inside.

"I'm just saying!" He brought his hands up and I whined, indicating that I wanted him to keep cuddling with me. "Sorry, damn." He instantly put his arms back around me as I felt
wthe warmth return to my body.

"Wait, when do we leave?"

"Monday morning. 3:00. Whenever he leaves, you start packing. I'll come over and help you." I thought about it for a second, then nodded my head. I can't believe the fact that he really sat here and constructed a whole plan just for me. Not only that, but he's taking me out of Queens for a whole month? Issa husband.