13. No Exit

So don't be worried by my ex chick, I know that you heard them stories
'Bout all them games we use to play, but that ain't me now, I'm different babe
All around the world in one day, so many different girls be on me
You know them bright lights be on me but you're the one for me, let's be honest
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
It's been 2 months and India still hasn't woken up from her coma. Although I've calmed down a little, it's steal eating me up not being able to hold her, kiss her, hug her, everything. Separation anxiety is kicking my ass. The doctors haven't reported anything new either, which makes me kind of nervous. I'm not the type to be pessimistic, but I'm really concerned on when she's gonna wake up. It could be a whole year. A whole year without hearing my baby's voice.

I've been spending most of my time focusing on my art and being at the hospital. Music isn't my priority right now. Art calms me down, helps me get deep into thought. I don't plan on releasing anything until India wakes up. I mean seriously, how can I sing about having parties and getting drunk when I barely even sleep at night? I'd rather sing about stuff that really means something to me, not all that material shit.

As I lied in the hospital bed next to India, I gained a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. It wasn't like I had to shit, but you know that intuition you have when something good or bad is about to happen? I had goosebumps creeping on my skin and I felt a burning sensation in my chest. I glanced at India and stared at her closely. Her eyes were still closed, but they were fluttering slightly. I sat up slowly, never taking my eyes off of her. I grabbed her hand and took a deep breath.

"India? Can you hear me?" I asked her, watching intently. She didn't move, but her eyes continued to flutter.

"Baby? Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." I waited but didn't feel anything. Her eyes never ceased their fluttering and I could slightly feel her breath on my arm. I hesitated on calling for the nurse, because I don't know what's happening. Just as I was about to let go of her hand, I felt a slight squeeze on my hand. My heart stopped and I stared at her as her eyes opened, only slightly.

"Shit! Okay! Uh, okay, uh." I frantically looked around the room, not knowing what to do. Get the nurse, Chris. I shakily took the remote and paged the purse. I grabbed hold of her hand quickly again and looked at her, seeing her eyes were 1/4 of the way open.

"India, I know you hear me. Can you speak? Squeeze once for yes, squeeze twice for no." She weakly squeezed my hand once, then twice. I ran one of my hands through my hair and blew out air.

"Do you remember anything?" She squeezed my hand once and once only. That was a good thing, because I know I didn't have it in me to have to remind her.

"Okay, the nurse is coming. Hold tight, okay? I'm gonna call everybody to come down here." I pulled out my phone and texted the group, letting everyone know that they needed to get here. Blessing told me she would tell India's mom. I put my phone away and stared at India who's eyes were opened halfway. I kissed the palm of her hand, never releasing. A few minutes later the nurse came in and asked me to leave for a moment. Although I didn't want to leave her, I did so.

I stood outside of the room, pacing back and forth. I was a little nervous and a little anxious, but with a dash of ecstasy. After two long, hard months she was finally waking up. I heard several frantic footsteps approaching me and turned my attention to the elevator where Blessing, August, Trey, and Olivia were all power walking my way.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Blessing asked me. I saw panic on all of their faces.

"She woke up." Blessing widened her eyes and it looked almost as if her heart had stopped completely. Everybody took a sigh of relief and I just continued to twiddle with my fingers.