27. Under the Influence

Baby, you, yeah
Riding through, yeah
Bring it over to my place
And you be like
"Baby who cares?"
But I know you care
Bring it over to my place
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
Y'all wanna know what I'm mad about today?

So, me and India are at the release party, having ourselves a good old time. Lil' baby is just dancing, in her own little world. I decide to go up to the stage to sing a few songs. Tell me why, I leave for one second and she already yelling at somebody.

"Yo, dude stop touching me." India backed away from some nigga that was standing by her.

"Come on, love. Let me buy you a drink or something." He licked his lips and she leaned away from him.

"I'm good, 'love'. Please get away from me." He kissed his teeth and turned his attention away from her. I decided to sing Back to Sleep, and I know how much she loves this song so instantly her mood changes. She dances along to the song, swaying her hips side to side.

This nigga grabs her hips and gone start pushing up on her and shit.

"Nigga, move!" India forcefully pushed him away from her.

"I can't get just one dance?" He continued to pester her.

"Aye, we got a problem nigga?" I shouted over the mic causing everybody to turn in the direction I was facing. The man seemed not to be paying me any mind and grabbed India by the waist, pulling her closer to him. My anger took over me and I dropped the mic, rushing over to the two of them. I threw a punch directly to the side of his face, causing him to stumble back.

I heard 'oohs' and 'ahs' all over the room, some people laughed. The guy stood up quickly and started swinging, making a fool of himself every time he missed. A few other dudes came up beside him and tried to jump in. In return, Trey and August joined in. I heard somebody yelling at us to stop, but it was a little too late for that now.

Next thing I know, we were being put into
police cars.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
"This is why I told yo' ass to stop! I'll be on the way, Chris." I hung up the phone and told the driver of his location.

When we got to where they were holding him, I dug in my purse for my debit card. When I got to the front desk, the man standing there seemed to have some sort of attitude with me.

"I'm here to pay for the bail of Christopher Brown, Tremaine Nerverson, and August Alsina." I told him, tapping my foot impatiently. He looked me up and down and went over to a telephone and picked it up, speaking something inaudible. He placed it back on the carrier and returned to me and the girls.

"1,500." He simply said with his hand out. Ummm, ask politely bitch. I rolled my eyes and handed him my card. He swiped it and pressed a few buttons before returning it to me without taking another glance at me.

Once I saw Chris, Trey, and August approaching us, I immediately shot up. Chris had a small cut under his lip and by his eyebrow. August and Trey, on the underhand, were untouched. I grabbed Chris's chin and turned his head to get a better look at the bleeding cut under his lip. I slightly touched it, causing him to hiss. I huffed and released his jaw, leaving the building with him on my trail.

"So you not gone say nothing?" Chris grumbled as he sat in the backseat of the car. I shrugged and looked out the window, watching nature pass by. Chris huffed and leaned away from me.