39. X

I keep my secrets in a safehouse, better if I don't speak
Devil's tryna tempt me, they just outline my shape out
Place me at the crime scene
I can see from this high up, you ain't got a heart girl
Privacy is for the cheater obviously you're deceiving
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
"Ms. Manory, somebody is here to see you." One of the guards informed me, opening my holding cell so I could leave. He stepped to the side as I gave him a glare and walked past me.

I entered the cold, enclosed room to see Karin sitting at the table. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't Chris, but I know if he came I would have just told him to leave. It's still the thought that counts.

"What you got for me?" I licked my lips and looked at the lady who was sitting beside her.

"Well, I got you a lawyer. India, I want you to meet Paria Spencer, she got your case approved for the court of law." Karin motioned to the lady who had an emotionless expression on her face.

"Karin put me up to date on the gist of your story. You were in LA, you got kidnapped by your two ex boyfriends, along with your boyfriend's ex girlfriend. You were held hostage, beaten, and raped countless times. As an escape mechanism, you killed the both of them. Anything I'm missing?" Paria clicked her pen over and over chewing on her lip. I pondered on the question for a moment, before shaking my head.

"When is my court date?" I asked.

"May 1st. That gives Teaira 2 weeks to get a lawyer and prepare her case."

"I wasn't given time to prepare my case when they put me in those damn cuffs." I muttered loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"That's why I'm here. Those cuffs aren't going back on you. I'll make sure of it." Paria reassured me.

"I like you." I nodded.

"Karin said the same thing." Paria mumbled causing Karin to nudge her. I raised an eyebrow before I caught on.

"Oh, y'all are nasty." I shook my head while chuckling.

"It was a one time thing. I haven't had any in months." Karin brushed off the idea of the two of them being each other's booty calls.

"It was a one time thing, huh?" Paria said while staring intently into the side of Karin's face. I'm guessing she felt the hole begin to engrave itself in her skin, since her dark caramel complexion became tomato red.

"A-Anyways, you gonna be okay in here?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"I'll take that as a yes." Karin cleared her throat.

"Time's up." The guard opened the door, motioning for the two of them to leave. Karin rolled her eyes and stood up, along with Paria.

"Oh, and one more thing," She stopped in her tracks and turned back around to face me. "Chris said when you get back, he's gonna fuck the attitude outta you." Karin winked before leaving. I remained unmoved, feeling just a bashful as she did a moment ago.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Teaira
"She wants to take this to court?!" I exclaimed as I read the two weeks notice about my court date.

"I thought they already found her fingerprints on the bodies. She's just going to get found guilty, I don't understand the point." Kianna read the note alongside me.

"I'm guessing she wants to tell the rest of the story. You know, what supposedly led up to the murder." I exhaled deeply and slumped back on my couch.