18. Do Better

I don't know why I even try
'Cause you don't want this no more
I would rather leave before I hurt you
And I would have died long ago if I didn't have my faith
I see you're starting to hate me
I see it in your face
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
Well, Jaiden is still pissed as hell over our little fiasco. He's on talking terms with me now, but it's only short, smart mouthed replies. I really do feel bad, but I'm still trying to make sense out of all of it. I don't know why I said Chris's name, it just slipped out. I wasn't even thinking about it, honestly. I wasn't thinking about anything at that moment.

In other news, I finally get to go get my baby from her dad's house. I missed her like crazy, the adorable giggles, even the ridiculously loud crying. I just want to hold her tight and kiss her cheeks all day. I'm obsessive, I know.

I approached Chris's doorstep with high anticipations, for I awaited this day to come. I heard thumping on the other end of the door and the door being unlocked before Chris cracked it open slightly to see who was in his presence. Once he saw it was me, he completely opened the door with a slightly confused look on his face. My eyes didn't focus on his perplexed expression, but his shirtless torso and grey sweat shorts that sort of exposed everything he was hiding. I gulped and could feel the giant sweat drop building up.

"What are you doing here?" His raspy voice sent vivid colors to my vision and I felt myself entering a trance. I snapped myself out of it, and readjusted my thoughts by clearing my throat.

"I'm here to take Royalty home?" I reminded him. He slapped a hand across his forehead and sighed saying, "Shit, I forgot it's the 31st. I didn't even pack none of her stuff. You can come in, it might take me a minute." Chris stepped aside. I only stared at him, trying to figure out if he was being serious. He motioned with his head for me to come in, so I did so. He closed the door behind me and jogged upstairs, with me trailing behind. Royalty was sitting on the ground playing with building blocks. I took notice to the adorable Lilo and Stitch onesie she was wearing.

"Chris, did you two go shopping? I know I ain't buy her this." I called out to him from the other room. Royalty handed me a yellow block, hinting that she wanted me to join her in her game of 'stack and destroy'. I placed the block next to the previously placed red block. She continuously stacks the blocks and then knocks them over fiercely. Hell, she's so smart she'll play Jenga with me if I asked.

"Yeah. We might've got a little too crazy. Lots of bags in here." I heard something drop and Chris smack his lips.

"You need some help in there?" I silently chuckled.

"That would be great." I stood up from the velvet couch and walked up to the stairs to meet Chris's burgundy and white striped walls. The fuzzy white pillows stood out from the large mahogany comforter, but the two fit together so well. Chris was picking up scattered toys all over the floor, but still had plenty encased in his arms. I aided him in cleaning up the mess, taking notice to the absurd amount of toys this man bought her in just a week. I threw them all in a red bag, watching it fill up.

"You wanna take the toys and clothes home?" Chris picked up several shopping bags, some from Children's Place, others from Disney, even some from Fendi.

"No, you can keep them here. For when I bring Royalty back. Gives me less stuff to carry." I felt my phone start to vibrate in my pocket and I whipped it out to see an incoming call from my angry boyfriend. I pressed the green button and held the device to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Where are you at?" Jaiden grumbled over the phone, sounding as if he had just woken up.