40. Desperado

I want you to know that it's over, get your shit right now
I guess the good guys always play the fool
I want you to know that I'll be fine if you're not my girl
Don't need you anymore, don't love you anymore cause you're a cold desperado
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
Today is India's first court date and honestly, I feel like I'm more nervous than she is. The reason for that being the fact that she actually did the crime. I'm not sure if the logic and reasoning she and her lawyer put together will sway the jury. We're hoping it does though.

She's still not speaking to me either. Cute.

"You ready to go in there?" Blessing asked me as we sat parked outside of the courthouse.

"He doesn't have a choice. He's here now." August chimed in.

"He can easily say he doesn't wanna do this and turn around and go back home, August." Blessing argued while cutting her eyes at him.

"Guys, you're not helping." Olivia pinched the bridge of her nose.

"He's probably already shaken up. She can possibly go to jail here, people." Trey spoke up.

"Trey!" Everybody scolded him.

"You can go home if you want to. We're not forcing you to stay. I think you need to be here, To support the mother of your child." Blessing reassured me. I sighed heavily before nodding and getting out of the car. There was plenty of paparazzi who noticed me, but I wasn't in the mood for it. Like seriously, I'm about to go watch my wife fight for her freedom and you want a scoop? Miss me with that shit.

I entered the building and went straight to the courtroom, seeing India sitting with Paria. When she heard the double doors open, she turned her head to see who entered. I waved slightly and she gave me a faint smile in return. Ooh, smiling. We're getting somewhere.

We took a seat close to the front of the aisle. From there, I could overhear part of India's conversation.

"Just act natural. Don't let them imply fear into you." Paria gave her a small pep talk.

"I have nothing to fear. I know what I did, I know why I did it. People only get scared when they have something to hide. My business done been out there since I got on the scene. It ain't nothing new." She checked her makeup.

"Yeah, but have you ever had to testify in the court of law as a prime suspect of murder?" Paria raised an eyebrow. India just stared at her blankly before shrugging.

I took a glance over to the other side of the room where Teaira was sitting. She looked more nervous than India did, and she's not even the one that's really under fire here.

Once the room began to fill with more people, time shortly came to start.

"Now for starters, how about you give us all a little background of how things led up to here?" Paria asked India as she stood at the stand.

"To make a long story short, I was in LA for a modeling gig. Two days before my expected return, I went out with my friend Karin and her. The two of them left, I stepped outside for fresh air, then I was kidnapped by two of my exes, along with my boyfriend's ex girlfriend. I was kept in New York for about a year and half, although it's hard to keep track, and finally I gained the courage to put my pride aside and find my way out of there." She explained her situation.

"Now how did you end up alone in first place?" Paria paced back and forth.

"Ms. Walker over there was practically begging Karin to come with her to the bathroom. I always found that odd, it doesn't take an army to use the washroom. I didn't question it."