47. Discover

I gotta get my baby
Girl, don't leave me
All this crazy shit that you been dealing with
You probably hate me
Cause baby if you cheated, I couldn't handle all that
To know that another nigga is making you smile like
I discover, discover
I love her, I gotta get her back
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
"How could he be so stupid?" Blessing asked as we all huddled together on her couch. All of us, minus Chris of course. He's been calling me nonstop. I won't pick up.

"That's low as hell. He was so in love too." August said, running his hand down his face.

"Clearly not enough." I mumbled.

"Try not to take it too hard, Precious. Maybe it's for the best." Olivia tried to cheer me up, but it wasn't working too well.

"I can't, Liv. We had a whole future together. Two kids, happily married. It was so perfect. Why would he do that?" I shook my head in disappointment.

"Nothing is ever perfect. Everything is not what it seems. It was fun while it lasted, but it just can't go on anymore. Now Chris is my boy, but you're my sister and you deserve better. It was wrong of him to do what he did, period." Trey always found a way to comfort me in my times of trouble.

When me and Chris broke up the first time, Trey didn't tell him where I stayed. He always came to check up on me, to make sure I was straight. Even though he's known Chris longer, he always comes through for me when shit is going left. I really can't express how much I love my family.

"Guys, I have something to confess." I scratched my head.

"Please don't tell me you cheated too." Blessing dropped her face.

"Are you pregnant again?" August butted in.

"Boy don't wish that upon me," I scoffed causing everyone to chuckle. "But the same day that I found out Chris was a being a hoe, Dave told me he still has feelings for me." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Indy, that's good. Maybe you'll be able to get over Chris sooner than we thought." Olivia cheered.

"No, that's not good. I don't like Dave like that. He's like a brother to me. That's like me saying I want to marry Trey. Like ew." I shuddered thinking about it.

"It's okay, baby. She didn't mean it like that." Liv patted Trey on the shoulder.

"Plus, I'm still married to Chris." I sighed heavily.

"Are you actually going to divorce him?" August asked me.

"I don't know. Marriage was a big step, but divorce is an even bigger one." I pondered on the thought of having to go through legal terms to separate from him. Once the papers are signed, that's it. That once filled void between us will be empty. There won't even be an us anymore.

"Maybe you two don't have to necessarily split. You could go to marriage counseling." Trey proposed.

"Why would we go to marriage counseling?" I heightened my eyebrow.

"To fix your marriage, duh." He chuckled.

"I don't want to fix it. I can't trust him at all. He lied to me before and I trusted him not to do it again. Then not only did he lie again, but he also cheated on me." I declined his offer.

"I get what you're saying. I just can't believe it's really over." Olivia sighed heavily and rested her head on 5 broad shoulder.

"Nothing has to change here. There will just be one less couple. I don't know how long it will be until I'm on decent terms with him again, but there won't be anything to worry about. I don't hate him, but I don't forgive him just yet." I explained how I was going about this situation.