37. Proof

You know I only give my love to you
Ain't got a God damn thing to prove
You got my heart, this proof
How could you ever cut me loose?
Here's your proof
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
After yesterday, I feel like I should take some anger management classes. That situation got a little too out of hand for my liking. Had me cussing around my child like a madman.

I wasn't wrong for wanting to whoop Teaira's ass though. She walked up in here like she was big bold or whatever, trying to tell me that my man fucked her even though we just had that conversation about an hour before she showed up. She really thought she was running game.

Then there's my mad ass really believing her.

I should've known Chris wouldn't do something like that to me. He doesn't even like her. I most definitely know he would not put that bitch above his child. I know him, he isn't a liar and he doesn't front his move. So for that weak ass hoe to walk up in here like she run shit was absurd to the next level.

Imma be cool though. Bitches don't want this work.

"Hey, Chris. I was thinking we could go to Central Park? It's pretty nice outside, and I think I've had enough of being cooped up in the house all day." I plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Before we do that, there's something we need to talk about." Chris addressed me without looking at me. He tapped his leg, which is a nervous habit of his. What is he nervous about? Is he pregnant?

"What's going on?" I motioned to his active leg.

"I lied to you." Chris said after a moment of silence. I looked at him with a dropped face, hoping it wasn't about what I thought it was.

"About Teaira? Please don't say it was-"

"No, it wasn't Teaira." He shook his head while chewing on his bottom lip.

"Oh, well then what did you lie to me about?" I asked him, confused at what he was getting at.

"When you asked me if I messed with anybody else while you were gone, I said no. The truth is, I did. It was only one time." He admitted to his wrong doing. I locked my lips and tried to process what he was saying.

"Alright. Thank you for telling me the truth." I averted my gaze to the ground below me.

"So, we cool? You're not upset?" He asked blindly.

"No, we're not cool and yes I am upset. I appreciate that you owned up to it, but I can't believe that you lied to me," I shook my head, still not facing him. "Why would you lie to me, Chris?" My voice cracked slightly. I swallowed a hard lump in my throat that burned.

"I didn't want you to be upset-"

"Upset? Well, it's a little late for that isn't it? So you figured that lying to me would be better than being honest with me? Really, Chris?" I raised my voice slightly.

"I asked if you would be mad if I did and you said you didn't know. I didn't know what to do." Chris stammered.

"So your solution was to lie?" I glanced at him. Scoffing, I stood up and started to head to the room.

"India-
"

"Leave me alone, Maurice." I called him by his middle name which I tend to do when I'm upset.

"Are you leaving?" He stood at the doorway. His words sounded pleading and pitiful.

"No, Chris. I'm not leaving. Why would I go anywhere?" I sat on the bed and turned my attention towards the TV.