10. Other Niggas

Oh girl, why you gotta be like that?
Why gotta hang up on me then you call right back?
How you compare me to them niggas that you gave your heart to?
Probably 'cause you ain't used to someone being all for you
You the MVP, baby, you the plug, you the one I take home to mama
You know I pull up when you holla
Make you better, make sure you ain't fuckin' up
Love it when you talk that shit, think you slick
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
It's been about 3 months since I decided to stay with Chris in Miami. Honestly, at first I was a little hesitant about it. I surprisingly miss the cool New York air. My parents are still in New York too. Chris said we can visit whenever I feel like it though, so that's good.

There's just one problem I've been having lately though. When Chris is with me, he gives me divided attention. When he does pay attention to me, it's great. It's not half-assed or full of boredom. When he's not paying attention to me, he's all in his phone. He doesn't let me see what's on there. He's always like "Why you all up in my phone?" and it's honestly annoying. Clearly, he's hiding something and doesn't wanna tell me what it is. He also tends to leave out during the afternoon and not come back till like midnight.

He left out for the 6th time this week today. He's showing some energy and it's irritating. So we're gonna give him a nice little phone call.

After about 5 rings, he finally answered.

"Uh, hello?" He sounded nervous. First of all, he always answers the phone with 'Hey princess' or 'Hi babygirl'. Talking to me like I'm a damn stranger.

"Chris, where are you?" I asked him impatiently. It was a quiet for a moment and I heard a bit of whispering. I raised an eyebrow.

"Handling business. Why?" He asked me. Why?! Cause nigga I miss you! The hell?!

"That's not answering my damn question. Where the hell are you Chris?" I slightly raised my voice. I heard murmuring and it only made me more angry.

"Come on, Chris." I heard a female voice speak in the background. I gasped and balled my fists.

"Look, I gotta go. Talk to you when I get home, okay?" He didn't give me time to respond before he hung up. I looked at my black screen and felt like shit. I threw my phone across the room and stormed downstairs. When I got down there a piece of paper got stuck to my foot.

I took it off my foot and unfolded it. It was a phone number with the name 'Alexis' above it. I furrowed my brows and crumpled the paper up. I plopped down on the couch and read the time on the clock. 7:43 PM. Guess we're gonna be waiting here for a while. Cause all the types of fucked up he got me is infinite. 

It was going on 10:30 and I was starting to get sleepy. As soon as I was about to nod off, I heard the front door open. Immediately I shot up and all of the energy I lost had been restored. I shook my leg as he walked up the stairs. Usually I'm asleep by now so he tried to stay quiet. Little did he know I was on his ass. He turned on the light and hung his keys up.

"So, you ready to tell me where the fuck you were?" I said a little too calmly for his liking. He whipped around, almost breaking his neck. I saw worry paint over his face as he just stared at me.

"Oh hey princess." He walked over to kiss me but I curved him, making him kiss his teeth. I remained sitting because getting riled up was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Don't 'hey princess' me. Answer my question. Where were you Christopher?" My leg shook rapidly as he tried to act like nothing happened.

"I told you I was handling business. Now can I get a kiss?" He pouted and sounded like he was growing impatient with me. He leaned in but I moved my head. He threw a mini tantrum and huffed.